MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Your files in your picture are slightly different but try this:
  1. Copy file 'MVCI driver for Toyota' from your disk to C:\Program Files (x86)
  2. Copy mvci-64 to your desktop
  3. double click mvci-64 on your decktop
  4. Click the 'yes' button when the pop-up is displayed
  5. Open the Techstream application
  6. Click on Setup > Vim select
  7. Click on the dropdown and select the second one in the dropdown called 'Interface Setup'
  8. Then you can connect your cable test to see if it will connect

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Your files in your picture are slightly different but try this:
  1. Copy file 'MVCI driver for Toyota' from your disk to C:\Program Files (x86)
  2. Copy mvci-64 to your desktop
  3. double click mvci-64 on your decktop
  4. Click the 'yes' button when the pop-up is displayed
  5. Open the Techstream application
  6. Click on Setup > Vim select
  7. Click on the dropdown and select the second one in the dropdown called 'Interface Setup'
  8. Then you can connect your cable test to see if it will connect
No luck...

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I apologize, I have Windows 10
If you have Windows10, email me, I will give you a link to download Techstream for Windows 10, including detailed step by step instructions that will leave nothing to chance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you have success Mrw94?

I need to build a new virtual image of this and would rather use Windows 10 than Windows 7.

Also not looking forward to paying TIS again for a subscription, so figured I would try one of the versions coming with a ODB cable.

I got the VXDiag cable which worked well for me on GM, so I got their Toyota version, and paid for 2 day subscription to TIS. I was hoping to get calibration files but it looks like they will only allow Toyota techs to get those.

I also have a cheaper cable that connected ok, but had some other issues that I now suspect were “user” related at the time. If anyone needs a cheap cable, send me a private message and we can work something out. I suspect the cable is just fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The best way is to purchase the TIS disc from Ebay. Then you have the software forever. There are many threads on here to help with usage.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts