MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 05 with SMT - the shifter is way too tall. Is there a way to shorten this shifter, short of cutting & re-threading?

TIA

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6'-2" with 37" sleeve length - So guess I have Monkey arms instead of Smurf arms.

Went with the SMT because of bad knees - still getting used to it but I believe it will work for me. The lever does NOT require any great leverage so a shorter length would still work fine. I'm only talking about 1 or 2 inches shorter.

As my original post ask - "short of cutting & re-threading".

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
When I push it in it goes almost 1/8"

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I just rest my hand on the base and switch gears like I was hitting a toggle switch, no real need to get it shorter unless you just really like the feeling of a ball in your hand.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Just got a 05 with SMT - the shifter is way too tall. Is there a way to shorten this shifter, short of cutting & re-threading?

TIA
Are you near Chattanooga?
Did you buy the car from Capital Toyota on Lee Highway?
I was there today and they told me the one they had was just sold.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"OldMan" - Yes - They came down a little on the price but not much. I put down a deposit for them to hold it till I could drive down from Knoxville to see it. They had three other people waiting to buy it if I didn't. The MR was/is in showroom condition (50,000) miles.

I was wanting a yellow Spyder - Already own 2-MK1 MR2, F150, & CBR600RR ALL red. But when I saw the condition of this red Spyder - bought it.

I may have paid a bit too much for the car but I keep cars forever - like my 86 MR-2.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
"OldMan" - Yes - They came down a little on the price but not much. I put down a deposit for them to hold it till I could drive down from Knoxville to see it. They had three other people waiting to buy it if I didn't. The MR was/is in showroom condition (50,000) miles.

I was wanting a yellow Spyder - Already own 2-MK1 MR2, F150, & CBR600RR ALL red. But when I saw the condition of this red Spyder - bought it.

I may have paid a bit too much for the car but I keep cars forever - like my 86 MR-2.
So, you're in K-town!
There are several SpyderChat members in Knoxville.

Yes, the car is in beautiful condition, but it's an SMT.
Here's hoping it serves you well.

Keep your eye on the "Events" thread.
The fall Dragon Meet is comming up and the Ozark Run is set for mid-June.

Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts