MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Got a 2001 SMT, been giving me issues for about 6 months now- wont let me change gears, SMT error light comes on, car turns off in middle of road etc... have tried changing ECU, to no avail...
After much consultation with others who know much much more than me about the SMT, have decided to convert to manual so i no longer need to deal with these SMT issues. Been told to sell it, but just dont have the heart to give someone else this headache.
Ive seen the online post on how to do it, but already have a mechanic who is willing to do it for me.

-My first question is where can i find a complete manual kit so i can purchase it and just take it to my mechanic? If i leave it to my mechanic, he will take a while just looking for a manual kit, and i want it done by next week.

- My second question- how long should it take a mechanic to convert the SMT to manual?

- And my third and final question- what is a reasonable price?? I dont like being constantly ripped off

P.S- if anyone on this forum has done it before, and has a manual kit, you can quote me a price and i might just bring it over to you!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Purchase a wrecked Manual, and convert the Bits over.. No Conversion Exists..

Cap

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cap Weir, I've heard a lot about you from guys on the MR2 australia forum.
Any ideas where theres a wrecked manual just to help me narrow my search? Have contacted a few wreckers, nothing so far. Hoping to get one by Monday

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
TinaZ . . . you might get a bit more help if you posted your location. That way if there are members in or near your geographic location, they might be willing to try to help you out. Are you in Australia? Guam? Southern California?

If you look through the forum -- even just a little -- you will find that there are people who may have the parts you are looking for for sale. A good place to start would be here: http://spyderchat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?38-Parts-and-miscellaneous-for-sale

Good luck with your adventure. :welcome:

·
Registered
684 Posts
The only one you will find is the one Abz has. He offered it to me with all the parts I needed for a swap for $2000. That was as a wreck and having to pull most parts off myself. There are only about 28 manuals in Australia so finding one at a wreckers would be a miracle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.