MR2 SpyderChat banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
By chance do you have the pressure switch part number? Want to make sure I get the right one.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Called the dealership and the switch is not sold separately, only as part of the whole HPU at $4200.00!
They suggested that I search the internet for the part that might cross from another application

Here is a photo of the switch. It appears to have the following printed on it:

B2XC2 over 00165. The bottom one might be 00185.

can anyone tell me where I might start looking for this?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I would just pick up a used HPU; that way you’ll have other parts in case it’s not the pressure sensor. In fact, I would purchase both units HPU and GSA. Guys doing the conversion to regular manual sell them cheap.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I am trying to remove the HPU so I can rebuild or replace. What is the trick to unplugging this connector?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I suppose I can spare one. I feel
Guilty sitting on my little hoard of parts.
That would be awesome if that is the problem. With the run test I did would that be so?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
It couldn’t be easier than the situation you have, assuming it’s the pressure sensor. You don’t need to remove the HPU, just simply unscrew the sensor and screw the new one in.
Edit: do this when there isn’t hydraulic pressure built up in the system.
If you read carefully through this thread, it sounds similar to your “run times” , where replacing the pressure sensor fixed it. Also, the author says the pressure sensor can be purchased through MWR.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Any hints on disconnecting the hydraulic lines from the HPU? I had started to go down the path of a re-build replacement from MWR and have everything but the lines disconnected.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Reactions: suoiruc

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Are you still planning on rebuilding the HPU even if it only needs the switch?
Going to try the switch first but already have the HPU free except for the 3 hoses.

Reactions: suoiruc

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
@ rande. I got one on eBay for ~$8. Haven’t used it yet; I thought for next time since they’re such a pain to remove.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Line tool is available through O’Riliey’s for 5.99. Having to work with the gold line as it is quite rusty around the coupling. Soaking in Creep and PB Blaster.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts