1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
162 Posts
I love how worked up they get over your comments, Facebook gold right there...lol

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yah, whatever:) I think it is funny that the whole issue is that Smyth himself is talking shit about the Spyder, yet somehow they are saying that I am a hater. ??? I was following his build because it is an interesting idea, but it turned out to have freakish proportions. It looks like someone took a four-door Jetta and tried to make a mid-engine roadster out of it... Wait... Anyway, I just thought the voice of reason should interject and say, "Ummmm... The Spyder is ugly? Have you SEEN your car???" That's alright, I wasn't going to be buying one of his kits anyway. And I can see why he got booted out of Factory Five...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Looks like the Spyder in the picture has stock wheels on the front, and something else on the back.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
yah, kinda funny to talk crap about the spyder when your own design looks like a spyder-celica hybrid on a jetta frame...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Mateo Largo;836271 That Smyth guy is a knuckle head. I think he has a complex because his brother does cool stuff at Factory Five and he is making pieces of shit out of Jettas... [/QUOTE said:
I looked at his build, and came to the conclusion that the old adage is wrong.

With enough lipstick even a pig can be made to look fairly good. :lol:

The question that comes to my mind is: Why do it?

Just go buy a Spyder.

That is all.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I'm glad I got to read your posts (and Like them) before they were deleted. And boy, that Frankenstein is hideous.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I just saw a Factory Five autocross with us the other day, Looks allot better then that failed abortion he is trying to pull off. Wish I could of seen your comments...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your post was deleted what did you say?
Wow. I am amazed that I got deleted. Really all I said was that if you are in business selling "dozens" of cars to make a living, it doesn't make sense to ridicule a similar car and alienate possible buyers. I did say something along the lines of "people in glass houses not throwing stones" because his Frankencar had some freaky proportions:) And I did say that my car would run circles around his and not fall apart:) But I certainly wasn't abusive (yet...).

I have tons of respect for his brother. Factory Five puts out a great product at a great price and fills a cool niche. The Smyth name is really the only reason I began following his project on Facebook. Unfortunately, this brother lacks a few key ingredients: taste, tact, skill, and talent...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wow, it looks like he is trying to turn a Jetta into a Celica/MR2 only fat and ugly. That's just my opinion, maybe some people love it, but he really shouldn't throw rocks.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Wow. I am amazed that I got deleted.
So your posts were deleted? I read all of them, with some amusement. You did nothing wrong. There was nothing inappropriate in what you said. Obviously someone didn't like you calling him out.

Never engage in a war of wits with an unarmed man. That is where you made your mistake. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts