MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Broke the tripod joint (circled). Bearings came apart on one of the three. Does this mean I need to buy all of #2 which is the inner part that goes to the trans? The tripod joint (circled) is actually installed on the outer axle.

I just want to order the part I need, which doesn't look possible.

Ugh. :angry:

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yea. Your Post Count is Low Enough I can Give to Krap about Search Feature..

Just a Little Frendly Rubbing..

Here is the Link..

http://www.racepages.com/products/?N=11792&Ntt=Toyota+Mr2+Axle+Assembly

Welcome to Spyderchat.. Have you Gutted Your Precats Today>.. ??

Cap
Found this then cross referenced Toyota part numbers. It looks like my 02 is the same as 03-05. Got it for $85 shipped from racepages.com. I also found out that the company I work for sponsors Race Pages :lol:

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
OOOOhh..

That is no good..

I'd start complaining to someone about the Quality!!..

Cap

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
axle angle. ride height too low?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
axle angle. ride height too low?
I attribute it partially to that, but the OEM axle made it 2+ years at this height. I even raised the height a tad last weekend. It should have lasted a bit longer than 2 weeks, even with my height. (added stress on the axle)

I have only come to the conclusion that there is/was little grease in there and the heat from friction killed it and exploded metal bits everywhere making a nice clunking. I'm getting a full refund and they're paying for me to ship it back. (Customer service is top notch, which I can appreciate this since I work in the CS side of a business) I think I'll try another and just load it up with better grease.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts