MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - it has been a while. I do this regretfully, but I have sold my spyder. I have had a spyder since early 2005. It is time that I get something a bit more practical. Something I can hold sales calls in, something I can take customers out to lunch in; things a loud and rattle-prone spyder just isn't good for. Rattles and being loud was always one of my favorite things that I loved about the car. Unfortunately I've been driving so much lately that I never had time to work on the car.

I sold the car to someone who is going to take excellent care of the car. I'm sure he's already on the board and is going to pick up where I left off on the car.

I've met many great people on the forums; some lifelong friends. I just wanted to say thank you for all of the knowlege that I've been able to soak up over the years. Take care.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Just because you sold the car doesn't mean you have to leave...if we have "pre" owners here, we can also have "post" owners too.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey guys - it has been a while. I do this regretfully, but I have sold my spyder. I have had a spyder since early 2005. It is time that I get something a bit more practical. Something I can hold sales calls in, something I can take customers out to lunch in; things a loud and rattle-prone spyder just isn't good for. Rattles and being loud was always one of my favorite things that I loved about the car. Unfortunately I've been driving so much lately that I never had time to work on the car.

I sold the car to someone who is going to take excellent care of the car. I'm sure he's already on the board and is going to pick up where I left off on the car.

I've met many great people on the forums; some lifelong friends. I just wanted to say thank you for all of the knowlege that I've been able to soak up over the years. Take care.
so what did you get?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's not talk about what I purchased... okay fine, a Ford Focus. Great gas mileage and way easier to drive 300-400 miles a week in SoCal traffic. Don't hate me or clip any corners of of the man card, guys.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
..., a Ford Focus. ..... Don't hate me or clip any corners of of the man card, guys.

Not a problem...they were supposed to confiscate that from you upon closing the transaction for sale.:eek:

HONESTLY, nothing wrong with being economical in my book. I just sold the ex-wife's 93 corolla with 270K on the clock. That was my work car... how can you not love getting 40 miles per gallon and having 5 seats? I think i love MR2's so much because they rock so hard on efficiency and operating costs!!!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, being economical is huge here. But more importantly, I didn't have the ability to take calls or bring more than one person out to lunch. In my line of work, sales, that is a big no-no.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts