MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
My first time out at Streets of Willow there was an GT3 doing laps on some slicks. His times were coming in around 1:24-25 if I remember correctly.

Cosmin was out there in his 2zz Spyder doing 1:26 all day on Nitto NT-01.
I went back to willow another time and put down a 1:28 in a 1zz Spyder with Hankook RS3s.

So, yea, a Spyder could catch a GT3. So could a civic. It comes down to driver, tire compounds, etc... I suspect the GT3 I saw at SOW was testing...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, a Spyder driver gets his ass handed to him in a test of acceleration, but catches up when the traffic light turns red. Nothing new here. Move along.
You fail to understand the point of sarcasm and appreciation of the GT3....

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Obviously not a street race but that video got me thinking. Street racing was much more popular around 2002-2005. As interest in it curtailed and the import tuner scene became dated, you don't see it nearly as much as you did the first two or three years following "Fast and Furious." Now, import tuner magazines are nearly as thin as Newsweek. A lot of tuner parts shops died with it. There are pockets of it out there but now, I can drive from here to Miami and only get revved on once or twice. A few years ago, it was literally at every other stoplight. I think drifting had something to do with it as well but even that seems to have well.....drifted. :p

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if one wishes to employ sarcasm one most position the situation with some clarity.
Read the title, then think to yourself how many MR-S owners ever wonder about a race with a GT3. If that still doesn't show you the sarcasm, then you obviously didn't comprehend the YouTube title either.

BTW - just for additional kicks, the GT3 shown had just come back from $15k in repairs after a coolant hose blew off! :O gotta pay to play!

·
Registered
23,066 Posts
Read the title, then think to yourself how many MR-S owners ever wonder about a race with a GT3. If that still doesn't show you the sarcasm, then you obviously didn't comprehend the YouTube title either.

BTW - just for additional kicks, the GT3 shown had just come back from $15k in repairs after a coolant hose blew off! :O gotta pay to play!
Don't quit your day job and watch out for the sand man.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
this thread is lame and a waste of my time and others
Yes it is. Did you reclaim any of your valuable time by posting a response to let everyone know this thead is lame and a waste of time? :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts