MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having a problem with my soft top latch. the passenger side has gotten to where it is real easy to open when im wanting to (as in not having to push the little button to do it) and now every so often the latch will open on its own going down the road.

i checked the parts list from toyota and the latches are $200+ each, but im wondering if there is an alternative to replacing it since im short on cash right now but i know if it happens too much the whole frame will need to be replaced and its only available as the whole assembly for $4k.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are adjustable. See Blitzo's article on www.spydermagazine.com. Adjusting them can solve squeaks, too.
ive already read that a long time ago and tried that first.

Mine does the same thing. It's just the top begging to be dropped...
i agree, but i have the top down as much as possible.

and im starting to think that ive worn out the little button on the latch. i remember when i got the car you had to press that button to let the latch release but you dont have to anymore. i may have to find a way to backwoods engineer a way to fix it.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Try putting a couple of layers of felt around the "metal bar" part of the latch (the bar that goes over top of the hook part). This should make it tighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts