MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the new roof on, but something doesnt seem quite right...

Just behind the side windows, in front of the (3rd?) Bow, there's a little section of fabric on either side. It kinda lines up just above the front most portion of the drain "bags". I think it would be somewhat visible down by the hinge if the top was folded down.

Does that attach to anything? If so, what/where?

Right now it's just tucked, and that doesn't seem right, but there were no holes punched on the new top, and on the old, it doesnt look like it was connected either (at least we didn't remove that section from anything).

Hope that makes sense, trying to get pictures, but the wife has the car this morning.

ShaneC

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And here's a picture:

Wow that looks ripped now in the picture. It was fine yesterday, I'm hoping it's just pulled/tucked weird at the moment.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Got the new roof on, but something doesnt seem quite right...

Just behind the side windows, in front of the (3rd?) Bow, there's a little section of fabric on either side. It kinda lines up just above the front most portion of the drain "bags". I think it would be somewhat visible down by the hinge if the top was folded down.

Does that attach to anything? If so, what/where?

Right now it's just tucked, and that doesn't seem right, but there were no holes punched on the new top, and on the old, it doesnt look like it was connected either (at least we didn't remove that section from anything).

Hope that makes sense, trying to get pictures, but the wife has the car this morning.

ShaneC

if you talking about the inner flaps that wrap around the 3rd bow and to the inside, if im not mistaken, aren't there velcro tabs on that flap? it should just wrap around the post and then secure inside just above the drains...

that pic looks a bit scary... i would lower the top slowly and make sure that edge isn't binding itself... when i had to get it around that corner, i was very scared it would rip there too, but it seems pretty tough... go slow when putting up the top... is your top up in the pic? if it is, there shouldn't be a wrinkle there...

how long did it take u to finish the top?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just meant the flaps shown in that pic. It does look scary there, but confirmed that its not bound or mangled, just a bit misshapen and very loose. The roof looks like it should maybe have a screw or two in it there.

The fabric "tab" at the bottom of the curtin is roughly the same size as whats behind the weather stripping sections at the front sides of the roof.

I wish I could explain this better...

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
I just meant the flaps shown in that pic. It does look scary there, but confirmed that its not bound or mangled, just a bit misshapen and very loose. The roof looks like it should maybe have a screw or two in it there.

The fabric "tab" at the bottom of the curtin is roughly the same size as whats behind the weather stripping sections at the front sides of the roof.

I wish I could explain this better...

maybe zoom out on the pic a bit and point to the section??? inside pic if it helps??? but IIRC the flaps just fold inside and held maybe with velcro tabs...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope these depict it better. I double checked, the "frayed" bit really isn't frayed, it's just the way it's sitting in the picture.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, there is a metal piece inside there that gets riveted to. You need to to take it off the old top and rivet it to that one.
where's it attach to? And what's the metal piece look like?

Apparently this wasn't holding too well on the old top, I looked at those pieces on it and couldn't really tell if something had been there before or not. We don't remember removing anything from it on the old

·
Registered
283 Posts
where's it attach to? And what's the metal piece look like?

Apparently this wasn't holding too well on the old top, I looked at those pieces on it and couldn't really tell if something had been there before or not. We don't remember removing anything from it on the old
It looks like part 65926 in this
image.

Once it is attached to the top the metal piece gets bolted to another peice on the frame.

If you are not in a hurry and need the instructions I can send you the install cd/dvd.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might take you up on that offer, but I think I know exactly what that is and where they're at!

And everything is together except those two pieces...hmmm...this might suck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally found where those brackets were hiding from me. After looking it over, I don't see how the actually attach.

I'm assuming it would sit like this when complete:

And do the rivets go through the fabric and these holes on the brackets or something else?

Edit: Larger Pics - http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r564/carakesa/bracket1.jpg and http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r564/carakesa/bracket2.jpg

But I'm really blind as I don't see how it attaches to the car itself.

So close, yet still so far away.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I remember those little brackets but i dont remember how that piece of cloth goes. Which instructions did you follow? not one is very clear to be honest i used the ez on paper one, then one i downloaded from here and was able to piece it together. i wonder if i can look at my top and see, ill go look.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I remember i took some pics of those brackets on my phone while i was removing the old one, so i can remember how they went. This is them when i unbolted them from the metal piece. looking at it from the driver side.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome, I think I can finish it now!

Now all I need is time to work on it again....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts