MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently replaced my soft top, purchased from Robbins as recommended by the installer. It’s been 1 issue after another. Can anyone provide a photo or video rt and lt top view with the top down. Also questioning the position of the rear shelf when top is up. There are zero in my area. TIA

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Be advised that it will take a lot of muscle to stretch the top all the way to the closed position. Best done with ample solar heating. There are many people who are proud of having done it, and there are many people who are glad that they gave it to a professional. I am one of them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve recently replaced my soft top, purchased from Robbins as recommended by the installer. It’s been 1 issue after another. Can anyone provide a photo or video rt and lt top view with the top down. Also questioning the position of the rear shelf when top is up. There are zero in my area. TIA
Thank you. A few of my concerns were brought up in the video

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Be advised that it will take a lot of muscle to stretch the top all the way to the closed position. Best done with ample solar heating. There are many people who are proud of having done it, and there are many people who are glad that they gave it to a professional. I am one of them.
I did have it installed by a professional but they didn’t do a great job. Head liner falling among 1 issue

·
Registered
866 Posts
does anyone have experience with cloth soft top? I have a vinyl top and its hard to close and put down.. I would like to just be able to throw the top off while seated.. is this possible?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
does anyone have experience with cloth soft top? I have a vinyl top and its hard to close and put down.. I would like to just be able to throw the top off while seated.. is this possible?
I just put a new vinyl on. No issues with the old one and ‘throwing’ it back. But the new one can be quite tough. Now I wish I had gotten the cloth one.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I have three spyders right now. One has a brand new “cloth” top, another has a two year old vinyl top. I always throw the tops back to latch them, and both fold equally well. I think the vinyl may have been a little stiffer at first, but they both fold nicely now.

·
Super Moderator
3,031 Posts
I've got a cloth top, left it up for the first week so it could stretch a bit before lowering it. First few times I put it back up, it was difficult.

Now it's easy, and it looks great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts