MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased from MikeV in August 2016, had on my car until I moved from Italy back to the US in April this year, it's been wrapped in moving blankets and stored on a ceiling storage lift in my new house.

It looks great, there are minor imperfections along the leading edge with the gelcoat which I'm told is pretty common, but wasn't severe enough to really notice without looking closely. A couple of the heater strips along the rear weren't working, and I repaired them with a kit and I think I have a spare kit that I will send along with the hardtop. Included are the mounting hardware and the wire to plug in the heated rear window to the car's wiring.

White is a super rare color to find these in, so I'd prefer to sell it to an owner of a white car but that's not up to me. I'm not going to ship, so if you want to make a trip to Las Vegas (or live nearby) this could be picked up on a fun road trip! :)

I can send more pictures if you're interested, shoot me an email at hansen and rew at mac dot comm (you can figure that out, I'm sure! :p )

Price I paid was $2425. Firm $2K picked up, don't even bother to waste your time and offer less, I'll just delete and not respond. I'm obviously not in a rush to sell as I've been sitting on it for 6 months toying with the idea of finding/buying another super white MR2. If no takers able to pick up I'll look into shipping, but price will go up accordingly.

Thanks for looking!

Sed8r

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
White hardtops are practically unicorns; I'm aware of 6 of them in the USA (5 in CONUS and one on Ohau). If (when) I get more requests for white I'll send them your way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is exactly what I've been looking for... if you're willing to ship up to Canada I'm interested. PM me if no one local takes it, I'll gladly pay above asking as long as shipping is reasonable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is exactly what I've been looking for... if you're willing to ship up to Canada I'm interested. PM me if no one local takes it, I'll gladly pay above asking as long as shipping is reasonable.
Honestly, I don't know how to go about shipping it, who would do it, how to package it, what it would cost etc etc.

MikeV does a great job, it was very professional, I'd be afraid I'd screw it up and ruin the hardtop somehow en route. He sets the standard for shipping impossibly high for a mere mortal like me to attain! :)

We make trips up to Wa State from time to time - where in Canada are you?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Honestly, I don't know how to go about shipping it, who would do it, how to package it, what it would cost etc etc.

MikeV does a great job, it was very professional, I'd be afraid I'd screw it up and ruin the hardtop somehow en route. He sets the standard for shipping impossibly high for a mere mortal like me to attain! :)

We make trips up to Wa State from time to time - where in Canada are you?
I'm on Vancouver Island so it's a bit of a trip but doable. Also have family in the lower mainland that could pick up if need be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts