MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new to autocross and was a little skeptical with the classification I was put in last year.
Current Setup-
Suspension-
BC Racing rollovers
Megan Racing rear control arms
CHE rear trailing arms
CHE rear track arms

Brakes
PowerSlot slotted rotors
akebono ultra premium brake pads

Engine
Team moon duals
ppe cold air intake

Wheels/Tires
kosei k1-ts(15x7)
Bridgestone re-11(205/50/15)

Everything else on the car is stock. Last year they put me in the street modified class which didn't seem quite right. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
188 Posts
You can replace control arms in street prepared but spherical bearings are not allowed.

And I think the CHE rear trailing arms and CHE rear track arms are a no go for street prepared.

That means SSM (super street mod).

For SP or SM you will need 8" to 10" wide wheels and Hoosier A6s.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don't have to have 8-10" wide wheels do you? So the control arms would be fine if I could find a way to replace the spherical bearing? This means I can adjust camber to anything and it would be legal?

·
Registered
961 Posts
You don't have to have 8-10" wide wheels do you? So the control arms would be fine if I could find a way to replace the spherical bearing? This means I can adjust camber to anything and it would be legal?
10in rims + hoosiers = minimum to be competitive in CSP or SSM.

You can go through the hassle of replacing the sphericals with rubber and run in CSP but honestly if you're not planning on spending the money to run at the pointy end of the field I would leave it as is in SSM, drive to the event on street tires and have fun.

The easiest way to be in a fun and competitive class with your mods is to remove the aftermarket control arms and run in STR. Crash bolts will give you plenty of camber adjustment

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there any restrictions on how wide you can go with your tires in STR? Do they have to be stock spec sizes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts