MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So honestly I kind of feel like I’m losing my mind and hoping that like most things in life there is an easy answer and I’m just being an idiot.
So the cables aren’t confusing to me and I deal with main wire harnesses at work constantly. After unplugging the soft top wore and plugging in the rear I don’t feel any air movement.

I realize a fuse could be blown but more importantly and what’s sort of making me lose my mind is where does the air come from? Only thing I can figure out the small wire/metal area on glass. If the fuse is blown fine that’s an easy fix.

I guess I’m trying to figure out where to feel for air before I do all that. My knowledge on HVAC ends at looking at duct work and vents.

let me know how stupid I’m being and let’s just be glad I don’t have to ask this in real life ( how embarrassing). At this point I’ll take the embarrassment over being frustrated lol
😎

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Um...

Maybe I'm the stupid one here, but I don't understand what you're asking.

What do you mean, "feel for air"? Feel where for air? Are you talking about the rear window defroster?

·
Registered
2001 syder
160 Posts
So honestly I kind of feel like I’m losing my mind and hoping that like most things in life there is an easy answer and I’m just being an idiot.
So the cables aren’t confusing to me and I deal with main wire harnesses at work constantly. After unplugging the soft top wore and plugging in the rear I don’t feel any air movement.

I realize a fuse could be blown but more importantly and what’s sort of making me lose my mind is where does the air come from? Only thing I can figure out the small wire/metal area on glass. If the fuse is blown fine that’s an easy fix.

I guess I’m trying to figure out where to feel for air before I do all that. My knowledge on HVAC ends at looking at duct work and vents.

let me know how stupid I’m being and let’s just be glad I don’t have to ask this in real life ( how embarrassing). At this point I’ll take the embarrassment over being frustrated lol
😎
The rear window defroster only using a small grid of wires that heats the glass to burn off the condensation/ ice. Unlike the front there is no air that is blown up onto the glass.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear window defroster only using a small grid of wires that heats the glass to burn off the condensation/ ice. Unlike the front there is no air that is blown up onto the glass.
This is what I was looking for. I figured that was how it worked and that small metal piece with wires heated up but I didn’t feel any heat and then got in my head about HVACs and whatnot. Thank you and that confirms I probably have a blown fuse.
😊

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Um...

Maybe I'm the stupid one here, but I don't understand what you're asking.

What do you mean, "feel for air"? Feel where for air? Are you talking about the rear window defroster?
No trust me. I’m the dummy. Solved in other response.

·
Registered
2001 syder
160 Posts
This is what I was looking for. I figured that was how it worked and that small metal piece with wires heated up but I didn’t feel any heat and then got in my head about HVACs and whatnot. Thank you and that confirms I probably have a blown fuse.
😊
Also. If you don't have a blown fuse for it. Closely inspect the grid for any breaks. Especially if it had tint on it at any time. When tint is removed if not done properly it will destroy the grid. You may need to use an temp meter to check it due to the fact they don't get that warm.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also. If you don't have a blown fuse for it. Closely inspect the grid for any breaks. Especially if it had tint on it at any time. When tint is removed if not done properly it will destroy the grid. You may need to use an temp meter to check it due to the fact they don't get that warm.
Good suggestion. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
This thread has had me thinking... wracking my brain, really.... Trying to figure out how I can direct warm air to my back window so it will actually defrost more quickly.

·
Registered
2001 syder
160 Posts
This thread has had me thinking... wracking my brain, really.... Trying to figure out how I can direct warm air to my back window so it will actually defrost more quickly.
Take a 3inch hole saw. Drill through firewall. Insert small computer fan. Run duct work and switch. Oh also install c0 detector, totally optional.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hair dryer at Walmart. 10 bucks hahahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts