5,635 Posts
you have A and B reversed on your Pic..

Starting on the Right, going to the Left, Its A,B,C,D

Cap

·
Registered
4,245 Posts

i get from here lol
You are mixing information from different markets. The information you find here on this forum is for USDM and it also works for JDM cars. This information you are bringing in this thread is from European market cars. They are not the same. If you want us to help you here then use the information we have here. Otherwise it will be very very confusing for you. We have very detailed information here on Spyderchat. If you are here in the US and you have a USDM or JDM car then there is more than enough here for you to follow and complete your swap. If you are in Europe and you have a European car then use mr2roc. But you cannot use both. If you do then you will only get confused and no one will be able to help you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can i ask you all about one thing why should we move the c8/c9 to b16/b25...if im using a japanese mrs my wiring dont have c8/c9 so its ok for me to ignore the wire?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are mixing information from different markets. The information you find here on this forum is for USDM and it also works for JDM cars. This information you are bringing in this thread is from European market cars. They are not the same. If you want us to help you here then use the information we have here. Otherwise it will be very very confusing for you. We have very detailed information here on Spyderchat. If you are here in the US and you have a USDM or JDM car then there is more than enough here for you to follow and complete your swap. If you are in Europe and you have a European car then use mr2roc. But you cannot use both. If you do then you will only get confused and no one will be able to help you.
I understand that thank you...learn a lot from you i through all 2zz same ..

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Can i ask you all about one thing why should we move the c8/c9 to b16/b25...if im using a japanese mrs my wiring dont have c8/c9 so its ok for me to ignore the wire?
Probably for JDM you can ignore B1S2.

If you want to be 100% sure, then go to the Toyota TIS website, and download the "Electrical Wiring Diagram - Engine Control" for your JDM 2zz ECU. It tells you all the pins on the ECU. I am attaching the USDM version of this diagram so you can see what I am talking about.

Whatever you do, make sure that you hook up B1S1 correctly. This is far more important for your engine than B1S2.

The 2zz B1S1 sensor must be six to nine inches after the exhaust merge collector, so it can sample the exhaust gas from all four cylinders. This is the optimal O2 feedback strategy that Toyota intends for this engine.

You can ignore B2S1. 2zz does not have B2S1.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

If you want to be 100% sure, then go to the Toyota TIS website, and download the "Electrical Wiring Diagram - Engine Control" for your JDM 2zz ECU. It tells you all the pins on the ECU. I am attaching the USDM version of this diagram so you can see what I am talking about.

Whatever you do, make sure that you hook up B1S1 correctly. This is far more important for your engine than B1S2.

The 2zz B1S1 sensor must be six to nine inches after the exhaust merge collector, so it can sample the exhaust gas from all four cylinders. This is the optimal O2 feedback strategy that Toyota intends for this engine.

Ok thank you again you really talented on this toyota engine haha..you mean i can just ignore the wire ..and my other two 02 sensor will still working right..that mean the c8 c9 confilct so we need to move that so that c8 c9 is not matter with the other two 02 sensor right ...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Im planning to cut the 2zz flange and welding to the 1zz header and using all the 1zz pipe but there are two hole on 1zz exhaust manifold for the 1zz 02 sensor so i can just ignore it right or nut it ..the 2zz needed two 02 for post cat and precat ..but i have no idea where to put the two sensor ... can you give me some pictures ..sorry for im little bit new..

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Im planning to cut the 2zz flange and welding to the 1zz header and using all the 1zz pipe but there are two hole on 1zz exhaust manifold for the 1zz 02 sensor so i can just ignore it right or nut it ..the 2zz needed two 02 for post cat and precat ..but i have no idea where to put the two sensor ... can you give me some pictures ..sorry for im little bit new..
This is a very bad idea. The 1zz runners are smaller than the 2zz runners. You will make a very restrictive exhaust. The 2zz is very sensitive to exhaust restrictions. You will probably lose 20 HP at least. You need a good exhaust if you want your 2zz to perform. Otherwise it will be very disappointing. You will come back crying why is your 2zz a donkey not a racehorse. Try to save some money and buy a good header

The picture you have posted for the O2 sensors is correct.

B1S1 for 2zz after the merge, before the catalytic converter.

B1S2 after the catalytic converter, or not used in JDM.

B2S1 not used in 2zz. Forget about it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is a very bad idea. The 1zz runners are smaller than the 2zz runners. You will make a very restrictive exhaust. The 2zz is very sensitive to exhaust restrictions. You will probably lose 20 HP at least. You need a good exhaust if you want your 2zz to perform. Otherwise it will be very disappointing. You will come back crying why is your 2zz a donkey not a racehorse. Try to save some money and buy a good header

The picture you have posted for the O2 sensors is correct.

B1S1 for 2zz after the merge, before the catalytic converter.

B1S2 after the catalytic converter, or not used in JDM.

B2S1 not used in 2zz. Forget about it.
20Hp is a lot tho..but i just want to start the engine..and after that maybe i will try to custom one exhaust..i love that one that monketwrench sell but its too expensive for me..thank you so much i understand already the 02 sensor thank you ..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts