MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on guys!

I'm going to check out two MR2 Spyders tomorrow morning and am fairly confident that I'll fall in love with at least one of them but I'm pretty sure that they both have the pre-cats still installed so I'll definitely want to remove them post haste.

My question posed to ye Mister Two faithful is if anyone knows of a solid shop that will do a solid job of removing the pre-cats? I live in Hacienda Heights (which is by Covina) but am willing to travel to the O.C., Inland Empire or other parts of the greater L.A. area if need be.

On a related note, if some kind soul who lives around the Socal area would like to help me perform this job then I'd totally be down. Of course, I would financially compensate you :) Please also note that I would undertake this job myself but I lack the space, tools, and mechanical aptitude to properly do it.

Thanks in advance y'all! I'll start a new post documenting my new-to-me Spyder as soon as I pick it up! :cool:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys :cool:

However, as I stated in my post I do not have a decent working space, the proper tools, or the mechanical aptitude (it may really just be a matter of laziness :p) to undertake the job.

Is there a regional section of the forums that I can pose this question to? Thanks again!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I wish I could recommend a good shop for our cars in SoCal but the very LACK of that has inspired me to do most of my own work.

The only place I even know of that's outstanding and 'nearby' is in Chula Vista.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Like I said before, no shop is going to remove your pre-cats for the fear of a big fine. It is illegal to remove emission equipment from a car. Find someone that has a garage and some basic tools and do it yourself. It is not a hard job. Have a little faith in yourself!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in whittier!

I gutted my precats at my job site on Garo street in Hacienda Hieghts YESTERDAY! Small world. I love SoCal :) I have all the tools (including a jack and stands) that you need IF you can find us a flat space to do it and are free for a few hours this weekend. I'm still getting used to jacking up the car, but am now running a worry-free 2001 MR2 with 48,000 miles. Changed the oil and other fluids today. Too cool

I'd love to help if you still have your pre-cats and don't want your engine to blow up randomly. Like I said, I did it yesterday based on the Idiot's Guide posted on here. Super simple job.

PM me if you still want help. I'm new to the forum and terrible at checking email even, so a PM will help me get back to you.

Good luck MR-2 Broski.

PS if you see a silver MR-2 sliding around turns in Turnbull Canyon or Azusa Canyon with a driver grinning way too wide, flag me down so we can meet in person

wyatt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Woo!

First post :]

PS
I would like to thank the community for their help getting me where I am today, without SC I might still be worrying about blowing my first 28 MPG engine. Couldn't have done it without you!
And it's a pleasure to be part of such a DAMN helpful group. Keep the sticky side down fellas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.