MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife named my car Buzzy after her first ride.

I bought some sound deading foam off Amazon, both for inside the doors to improve the speakers and for the top of the engine hatch. Original sound deading mat in the engine hood was getting frayed. Ripped it out and covered the whole inside including rain cover. Added windows that I taped over but didn't stick to the steel over the info cards.

I don't have actual measurements and it could be somewhat of a placebo effect, but Buzzy is not nearly as buzzy as before. OK wind noise is still 80% of the noise.

$30 and maybe a half hour well spent.
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Car

· Registered
Weigh, Cut, Weigh, Weld, Glue, Cut, Weigh, Drill
2,452 Posts
Yeah looks like the vent opening is still there.

I just added some sound deadening material below the storage compartments. Around the plastic evap cover and fuel pump. Noticable difference!

· Registered
441 Posts
My wife named my car Buzzy after her first ride.

I bought some sound deading foam off Amazon, both for inside the doors to improve the speakers and for the top of the engine hatch. Original sound deading mat in the engine hood was getting frayed. Ripped it out and covered the whole inside including rain cover. Added windows that I taped over but didn't stick to the steel over the info cards.

I don't have actual measurements and it could be somewhat of a placebo effect, but Buzzy is not nearly as buzzy as before. OK wind noise is still 80% of the noise.

$30 and maybe a half hour well spent. View attachment 86408
Is this supposed to be fire retardant? Is the other side a black sticky substance? (Like the stuff Eastwood carries)

· Registered
87 Posts
I kilmat my spyder but focus more on floor pan, doors, and firewall (from inside the cabin). I believe it help a lot but I have the added help of a hardtop. I don't know how that insulation would help cabin noise on the engine lid unless it was rattling before for some weird reason.

· Registered
441 Posts
Looks pretty close to the same stuff I purchased from Eastwood. The price is a little higher but I got mine in one of those deal of the day deals.
Seems to be much the same material as snow and ice shield use in the construction trades around windows and doors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.