MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
'00 MR2 Spyder, base model
165 Posts
I would also try microsoft defender off-line, which can eliminate aggresive mal ware. I don't like McAfee.

And is your Firefox Mozilla browser up to date? Check the pull down menu (top right corner), help and see if it needs an update.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Only this Website

·
Registered
165 Posts
i would still try defender off line to remove whatever aggressive issue is going on. I use mozilla and never had a problem with this site. But I am on the most strict blocking policy on mozilla and have adaware and other blocking software added. some websites won't work at all and i have to adjust individually, but so far so good.
purge everything from your browser under security settings, cookies, cache, everything. then ttry to run the bundled microsoft defender and choose offline, if it will let you. you may have to turn off macafee temporarily.
good luck

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Again today when Replying to Post..

Macafee Popup.jpg

·
Registered
890 Posts
There's your problem. McAfee is garbage.

Any software that tries to fleece you for money with a 5 minute expiration timer is just... garbage.

I haven't run any aftermarket virus software for at least 10 years now, since AVG starting doing the exact same thing. Windows Defender is more than adequate... if you have to be on Winblows.

Linux, for the win. Of course, now that I look closer, you've just been redirected to a web page from one of the ads you could/should have blocked in the first place.

AdBlockerPlus. Free, unobtrusive, effective.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Uh, that's not McAfee Pw, that is a virus or something else. If you click on that, you might as well toss the pc...

·
Registered
165 Posts
i use both along with duckduckgo privacy thingy add-on. I just noticed a popup shows up everytime I refresh on this site, started recently. Hitting the 'X' doesn't stop it from coming up again. Finally I hit 'ok' button and the ublock and adblock showed multiple blocked popups. Maybe 10 between them. Wielrd. Doesn't seem legit to me...

Also, make sure the enhanced tracking protection is 'on' when using mozilla. Its the little shield left of the padlock symbol next to the url.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts