MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people have asked how I mounted my tach inside the cluster. Here are some pictures.

Gauge Installed and complete.

So basically you have to remove the Tachometer electric motor and cut a hole in the gauge face.

from the back.

Put together with the front bezel on but without the glass.

Then you remove the front plastic on the gauge. Inside is a ring that holds it all together. You will need to drill two holes in the side of the gauge. I drilled an tapped them for an M3 set screw.

Then you remove the two rubber buttons from the gauge face, mount the plastic cover over top an eyeball where you need to install the buttons.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The blinker circuit I actually drilled into the light bulb holder and soldered a wire to one terminal in which case I can just plug it into the board and easily remove it when needed.

Diagrams taken from Dev's post. thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, usually I'm not that lucky but everything works out very well for installing it like this.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow. This is way more involved than I'd hoped, but it is the best speedhut install by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you especially order the gauge with the 3 additional LEDs for blinker and high beam? If so, did you just email them to ask?

Also is this the 4" tach?

Awesome install, and great write up. Hoping to replicate it! Thanks

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes you have to order it with the blinker LED and high beam LED. Just contact them, though I think it's a small fee. The Tach is 4"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the turn signal and high beam bulbs are ground active or positive system?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I simply sent them that wiring diagram. (being unsure myself.)

09 - TURN SIGNAL AND HAZARD WARNING LIGHT-1.jpg

1 - 20 of 54 Posts