MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So I removed my JDM unit and swapped in a euro cluster. Converted it over and turned out well.

Then I started to work on another install that was going really well, honestly the best install so far and bam I slip and make a mistake.

One quick slip...

·
Registered
31 Posts
It seems like some clusters have them in the tacho and some have it where yours are. Maybe a regional thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I believe the speed hut blinker LEDs come with the high beam indicator assembled with them. Just as a generic one kit for all.

i hooked mine up to the emanage ultimate to indicate when the car is below 60 degrees Celsius for lift.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Truthfully I don't know if you could order it without the HB led or not. I didn't ask for it. The black one I also have is from the group buy and it has the same LED.

My only complaint of my install is that it's angle is different than the speedo or fuel/engine temp. Not a huge deal and I'm a little extra picky for details like that. Most people think it's factory.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wasn't till I tried to do this that I properly understood all that was said. I'm still in the process, but instead of angling the gauge, I've cut the centre OEM cluster perspex away, and hoping to keep the gauge flat. (This will mean trimming the cover.)

gaugeworks.jpg

Oh so you can't get the blinkers without the high beam indicator? Great idea repurposing it, I can think of so many uses. Damn, that tach looks great.
You can get blinkers only. I did.

gaugefront.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
This turned out better than some things I've tried.

DSCN1049.jpg

DSCN1036.jpg

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Looks good Mike, if you have any questions or need more detailed pictures let me know.
I could have used a 2nd set of eyes to tell me to stop before cutting the 180 mph faceplate. Ugh. Anyone want a modified metal monkey 180 mph faceplate in white on black with a 4" hole where the tach should be?

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Isn't the stock speedo 140mph?
Yes. :(
I ordered the wrong faceplate, then cut it without double-checking. Doubly careless.

Some folks in the UK convert JDM kph gauges to mph, they read up to "180." But it never crossed my mind that anyone anywhere would want a spyder gauge that goes to 180. Live and learn, I guess.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts