MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new product from Split Second: The Enricher.

http://www.splitsec.com/products/conditioner.htm

I’m ordering one tomorrow. It adds fuel by a conditioned O2 signal it generates. It also has MAP sensor with adjustable a set point of where it will just pass the O2 sensor reading or send the signal it generates.

I’m going to use this in combination with an E-Manage, but I think it could be used by itself in lightly modified cars.

Split Second had a product like this before, but this newer version is more adjustable and has the ability to add fuel.

·
Registered
26,913 Posts
That looks like it should do the trick for people who can't have or don't want a PowerFC or something of that nature. Clever. Sort of like having two LC-1s that you've reprogrammed the curve for -- but only when under boost.

Possible problem: Catalyst Below Efficiency error code?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks like it should do the trick for people who can't have or don't want a PowerFC or something of that nature. Clever. Sort of like having two LC-1s that you've reprogrammed the curve for -- but only when under boost.
Possible problem: Catalyst Below Efficiency error code?
It will take four O2 sensors, so it looks like you can wire in a conditioned signal for the after cat O2 sensor too, then is would follow the same curve offset. At least that’s the idea.

Why would you want something to say you're running lean (to tell the PCM to add more fuel) if you're using something like E-Manage? Just tune it correctly with the actual reading.
The fuel is added through the fuel trims in the stock ECM. It’s adjustable, so I would choose to add no fuel with the Enricher, making the fuel trims close to zero in the Stock ECM. Then I would be free to add/subtract fuel all I want with the e-manage and the stock trim won’t overwrite whats in my fuel maps.

Making a simulated open loop, starting at any manifold pressure I want.

This should cure any partial throttle w/ boost problems that normally come from running a piggyback.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Very useful Device.
I can see how this is really handy..

I'm running about 15.5 to 16.0 AFR in cruse, and presently, as my engine load, increases, I have to Manually adjust my Mixture Down to the 14.5-15.0 range for headwinds and the like.. and when I jump off the Freeway.. For city driving..

The only thing I did not see was an 'RPM' trigger.. but if you trigger off of MAF voltage and TPS voltage or MAF Vs MAP, this should get you Close to an 'RPM' trigger

Cap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts