MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the current front-runners for products for waxing and top care?

I normally use Dawn dish detergent, followed by a clay bar, then use P21S Carnuba wax and AeroSpace 303 for the top. What about the door sealing rubber? Metallic Silver car, if that matters.

Discuss...

·
Registered
782 Posts
I use "gummi pflege stift rubber care stick" on door seals, works good.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I normally use Dawn dish detergent, followed ...
I would recommend that you not use a dish washing deteregent on your car's paint -- even if you plan to clay bar afterwards. Best to stick with a car soap that is specially formulated for automotive paint. There's my two cents for free. :lol:

I've placed well at car shows on a coupe of occasions and I use Meguiar's Gold Class car soap (they call car shampoo and conditioner) :lol:. I use a clay bar that I get from a professional auto detailing supply company (sorry -- don't know who makes it -- it comes in a plastic sandwich bag that the owner puts it in just before I buy it) and I use Meguiar's Tech Wax 2.0 -- which I think is not really a wax, but I like the shine it produces. So far, I hand wax the car -- no machine shine yet, althuogh I just purchased a buffer but I haven't tired it yet.

Like I said, I've placed well in a couple of car shows (I took second each time and each time Ferraris took first) and that is what I use. I clay my car about twice a year and wax about 4 times a year. I personally hand-wash my car on average about every 2-3 weeks, depending on use. I keep the soft top looking like new with Griot's Black Vinyl Top Reconditioner. I try to protect my plastic pieces with Aerospace 303. My stock wheels have the clear coat removed and the wheels were professionally buffed and polished about a year ago and the only thing I use on them is the Meguiar's car soap. I just purchased some Shin-Etsu siliocone grease for the door seals and windshield gaskets, but I haven't tried it yet.

Keeping my car clean and shined seems to do the job protecting the paint and keep the car looking like new.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
639 Posts
i use dawn only before i wax my car. which is twice a year, by hand. with mothers carnauba wax

wash it maybe once a month with turtle wax car wash

also, i'm looking for a product that will keep the soft top looking dark black. any recommendations?

·
Registered
782 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts