MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 333 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a spyderchat tradition to have an enthusiast get together at the the "Tail of the Dragon"
(the US hwy that skirts the south edge of the Smokey Mts Nat'l Park between NC and TN(300+ curves in 11 miles)). in the spring time.:wub:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i nominate march 17 or 24.:cool:

anything else and i can't make it:eek:
I should be able to make either of those dates if they hold true. Looks like we may have a convoy to the Dragon.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should be able to make either of those dates if they hold true. Looks like we may have a convoy to the Dragon.
getting better all the time.B)

is this a sgt. peppers remake?:huh:

i could always bring a Union Jack or two^_^

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
First off, f%&k the "toomuchplaning" bullshit!
Planning is how you get 33 spyders at the dragon not 7-12 !
How bout adding something alil positive? Like "add me to the list +1"....
Or what can i do to help....
sorry for the rant:rant: but what is with that? same deal every year:angry:

second where the heck is HOKIEMULE>?

Last, just choose the date and ill be there +1

The sooner we set a date the chances of a higher attendance increase.

IMO march 24th seems the best date of the two because its later in the month, hey if that means 5 degrees warmer im in. i despise cold weather

sorry again for the rant, needed to say how i felt
rburton

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm relatively new to this group and the activities that you promote, and this is one that I'm not familiar with.

Thank you.
Like Duska said, it's a weekend meet, traditionally we meet up in Cumming GA, on saturday morning and drive backroads up to Deal's Gap NC. Drive around saturday, have dinner, and then sit around and converse. Pretty much a big meet and greet with driving. We don't treat it as a race, as everyone goes their own pace and the only time someone will give you crap about your driving is if you do something stupid and dangerous. Although we're all uptight assholes on here, we're all fun and laid back in person.

Traditionally it's usually been in April, but the late March date would be best. It's still chilly here sometimes in March.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts

second where the heck is HOKIEMULE>?

Last, just choose the date and ill be there +1

The sooner we set a date the chances of a higher attendance increase.

IMO march 24th seems the best date of the two because its later in the month, hey if that means 5 degrees warmer im in. i despise cold weather

sorry again for the rant, needed to say how i felt
rburton
Holy crap Ross, Haha its just kind of a running joke.

But I agree we need Hokie(and Fizxtoy) in attendance. It has been far too long.

Also Fontana or the place we have been staying for the fall meets? I personally am leaning towards Fontana as the cabins are of decent size and we can get a crowd in there to hang out. But it dont matter to me either way.

As for the dates, i need to check my school schedule. But i dont have Friday classes but do have them 8am Monday mornings :( Spring break is sometime in March for me though so maybe ill get lucky. Edit: My Spring break is the week of March 5th. And i have an Algebra test the Monday of March 26th.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Traditionally fontana in the spring, townsend in the fall. I vote for Fontana as well.

Don't fret the test, algebra is easy;) I'll drink a few and show you how it's done. This year can be drunken math lessons instead of drunken story time.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Doesn't sound bad to me either. The further away from late April the better due to reports, papers and finals.

·
Registered
17,053 Posts
It's the same deal every year because it's been a joke since SADAS III. Sit down, have a nice carmel half soy half skim decaf macchiatta and take a deep breath. I know you've seen the comment before and I would, think that a bright guy like you would recognize it for what it is, the beginning of planninig for SADAS XII. If not, then you are wrapped way too tight.

I now return you to too much planning. Count me out. How's that?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I now return you to too much planning. Count me out. How's that?
Boooo!
Count me (+1), I'll work around the date. The later weekend won't be any warmer due to that, you are just as likely to have 60ºF weather as 30º. I'd bet on 50s with lows in the 30s at night.

Ag, you and your +1 get down here, and you can stay at my places. I believe that there was also decent interest from other members up your way, perhaps a convoy could be arranged as well. (Of course, if you are still incapable of making such a trip, I understand)

I'll be the slow one at the end of the line of spyders.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Boooo!

I'll be the slow one at the end of the line of spyders.
Hey, I thought the slow one at the end was me!

I really want to go this year. Long trip from where I live, but like Duska and OKSpyder have said, we can convoy.

"Have Spyder, will travel."

The sooner a date is set the better chance I have at getting time off from work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Now I get it!

it's a spyderchat tradition to have an enthusiast get together at the the "Tail of the Dragon"
(the US hwy that skirts the south edge of the Smokey Mts Nat'l Park between NC and TN(300+ curves in 11 miles)). in the spring time.:wub:
So this is where we separate the Spyders from the Miata's:lol: Sounds like an excuse for us vertically challenged guys with a Napoleanic Complex to assert our innate sense of driving superiority without running afoul of the Smokey Mountain Smokies. I'll have to check the schedule and the logistics of meeting you there, since I will be coming from the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, with Bluegrass blaring from my new (but yet to be installed) Kicker speakers. Which is a nice segue to asking if anyone would be interested in handling that job for me. The last time I installed car audio it was an 8-track. Do the math. . .

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I have a 50-50 shot at making it, depending on the weekend. I've committed to work every other weekend through the end of 2012. I hate giving up my weekends, but the money is too good to pass up and the twins are a year and a half away from college. :(

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The last time I installed car audio it was an 8-track. Do the math. . .
If you could install an 8 track back in the day, you can install any of this modern stuff too.

Example: A CD player hooks up pretty much the same as an 8 track did, it just has a different size hole in the front of it. :lol: Speakers still hook up the same as they always have.

I remember when audio was mostly monaural, then came stereo, records, reel to reel, 4 track, 8 track, cassettes, CDs, MP3's.....The list will go on, but strangely enough the equipment for this stuff hooks up mostly the same.

I'm probably at least as old as you are, don't let any of today's technology intimidate you. I say go for it. If you screw up, try again.

Remember "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

1 - 20 of 333 Posts