MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any seen the June 2012 issue of Road & Track? The cover features the new 2013 Boxster. When I first saw it I thought it was an MR2 Spyder. Does anyone else think it does?

·
Registered
501 Posts
wow they do look alike, even my stage 2 top secret bumper looks alot like the new porsche one

·
Registered
578 Posts
If I could, I wouldn't. Too douche baggyish of a car.
I presume you mean because of all the poseurs driving it.
Not the car's fault. The same could be said of any moderately expensive high-performance car. Even more so, immoderately expensive high-performance cars.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
I look as Spyder guys a cool, young, and think more with their penises than brains. Boxster guys seem like douche bags.

The first sentence doesn't apply. I'm 62

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I look as Spyder guys a cool, young, and think more with their penises than brains. Boxster guys seem like douche bags.

The first sentence doesn't apply. I'm 62
You kind of made me worry about you there for a minute.

I called in my wife, for an unbiased opinion. I showed her a picture of the new Boxter. What kind of car is this? I asked her, She said, "That looks like a Spyder, except for the back." "Did they make a new Spyder?"

That is all.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
Say what you will about the Boxter but I still love Porsche cars. Not the Boxter nearly as much as their other offerings.
Carrera nice, not too douchey. Boxster total douchey!

When I drive Spydie up in Canada, I get retracted hand wave from Boxster owners. Start to wave when they see me and then see how cool I look in my unknown car, they quickly retract their hand wave.

·
Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
I got called out by a BSP prepped vette on sunday at autox because he thought my car was a Porsche, I laughed and the gf zinged him with a, "thank god its a Toyota." I get, "sweet Porsche", or, "damn, a Lotus!" about once a month. We are a dying breed we are, everyone is straight line power hungry these days it seems.

·
Registered
754 Posts
BMW owners, Porsche owners, hell damn near every car company is full of a-hole owners anymore. Only concerned with appearances or straight line speed rather then how it handles, will it be reliable, can it stop without the use of another vehicle.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
:confused:
Oh, I suspect you read that in the Goth/Alterna-whatever context. The word is much older and broader in meaning. Age isn't relevant to my intent.

My age is only relevant when I want it to be.

"Can I get a senior citizen discount?"

"No sir, you can't."

"I have a pair of pants that are older than you punk!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts