MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is from a Volvo, mine, but a very nice production quality. Was made in Taiwan and less than 18 days to receive it. Also ordered it painted. 3M body tape already on it. PUF material. I bought this for my Volvo to try to cut down on the excess road crud that seems to be drawn to the back of the car. Total cost for was less than $35!

I'm pretty sure that they have them for our cars. I already have a spoiler on mine, but just wanted to let others know.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yeah I think someone had a post about this one already. I'm looking to get it in the future.

·
Registered
495 Posts
This lip looks similar to dev's spoiler (I think it was dev)

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
i think dev sold it for more money though?
It was quite a bit more, but that's because Dev and yellow were doing them by hand in very short runs with factory paint. If he had access to a sweatshop and slave labor he could probably have done it for $35.

This is about the only kind of spoiler I like and it looks good on Volvo.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was quite a bit more, but that's because Dev and yellow were doing them by hand in very short runs with factory paint. If he had access to a sweatshop and slave labor he could probably have done it for $35.

This is about the only kind of spoiler I like and it looks good on Volvo.
This was made in Tawain. It is a basic PUF extrusion method. All of them have the same profile. Pretty easy to make too. Same thing from Volvo was about $250.

·
Registered
23,102 Posts
What we made looked great on the Spyder but it was the worst thing to be made by hand and not worth my time and labor. As far as I'm concerned that Spoiler maybe cheaper today but when we made them it was fairly new in the market.
Get some Chinese kid to make it for you and I'm sure he will be happy with hot bowl of rice in return.
Maybe he might grow up to support our community when we feed him two bowels of rice.

Has anyone wondered why I don't sell my stuff on fleebay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts