MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i have this squeak in the rear ONLY when my car is lowered (weird). When i had stock suspension it never made this squeak. Then i installed Eibach lowering springs and it became apparent. Went back to stock suspension as i sold my lowering springs. Then purchased Megan Coilovers and the squeak came back. The noise only happens when i got over bumps, go up my drive way at an angle, pretty much it only happens when the wheels go up and down.

Ive tried:

1. Removing the rear sway bar (help a tad bit)
2. Greasing everything ( all 3 arms/rods, e-brake line, sway bar links and bushings)

The squeak/noise from what I can tell is coming from the driver rear, but some of my friends say its coming from both sides?

Any suggestions on what else I could try? The squeak is starting to really bug me now :mad:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Is it possible that the squeak is in the frame and it only exists when you have rougher suspension?
One test would be to add/remove bracing.
But your ears probably tell you it isn't the frame...

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
So, i have this squeak...the squeak/noise from what I can tell is coming from the driver rear...
Is there a foul odor associated with the squeak?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Maybe a friend can stand in the engine bay and "jump" to try to make it squeak while your head is under the car...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well me and a friend took off the driver side wheel and used a jack to go up and down on the suspension and it kept making a squeak from there. their are no foul odors. i highly doubt it is anything with the frame squeaking... right now my mind is set on bad bushings within the 3 arms. i also havent tried greasing the springs. but its definitely not coming from anywhere from the strut/springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.