MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
When I dropped my engine I found that the squeak was coming from the shaft that the releaser bearing rides on. The grease on it was dry. After I changed my clutch and greased the shaft with high temp grease squeak gone.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Replacing the boot is going to do nothing for your squeak. You need to actually remove the transmission in order to grease all the points that can lead to squeaks. The clutch fork rides on a pin, which is somewhat retained by a spring clip, that's a source of squeaks. So is the input shaft that the throw-out bearing rides on, as mentioned by silverbullet, so is the point where the slave piston pin pushes the fork. The last one is accessible external to the bellhousing, so that's where I'd start.

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replacing the boot is going to do nothing for your squeak.
I know that. I was wondering how difficult it is to replace the rubber boot. I'll lube the parts as I did before and everything was squeak free, but with a ripped boot...it needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Clutch effort is reduced alot ones all those parts are greased properly.'

you could grease the shaft and the pivot through that rubber boot hole but its going to require alot of acrobatics and maybe a borescope to stick in there and see whats going on.

that whole clutch area of mine was full of grime and dirt as well

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
You may be able to get the rubber past the clearance of the release arm and trans hole without to much difficulty. You may have to unbolt the clutch slave cyl. First place I would lube is the center pivot point of the arm then the release bearing shaft if you can access it. My Toyota truck was rusting up at the pivot after setting awhile and the clutch action was much harder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.