MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to retrim my steering wheel. It looks worn. I was thinking of either:

1) Black leather with perforated areas the same as the OEM one. Red stiching, possibly thicken the wheel.

2) Black alcantara all around with red stiching, thickened as well.

I wont touch the airbag. I wanted to retain the airbag, so aftermarket is not an option. Does anyone know any reputable place in the US?

Heres some ideas:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I really like the first picture, very clean!
the second picture in my opinion would look cheap in our cars.

·
Registered
365 Posts
same here mine is a bit worn and hateeee the steering wheel cover. best bet to go to upholstery shop maybe they can help without charging a pretty penny

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I have been thinking the same thing. I always make fun of people who remove the airbag to install an aftermarket wheel--so I can't do that... I would be a real hypocrit:) I don't hate the stock wheel, but I would love a thicker feel and red stiching. I'm going to check some local upholstery shops. It shouldn't cost any more than a new wheel would cost. Good luck, post up if you get something cool done. If I beat you to it, I'll post up as well.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Im going to go for the leather retrim. Matches the OEM look better. I found a place in europe where the quality is good, but the price isnt. So the search goes on.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts