MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys!

Just changed my rotors/brakes and conversion 5x114.3 spacers for my Rims and camber bolts (AKA CRASH BOLTS) Took my wheels to the shop for a balance test drove the car and have a minor shake to the steering wheel while driving. Braking is awesome no vibrations and stops on a dime. Correct me if I am wrong but I think a full wheel alignment should fix the problem right?

I scheduled an appointment for this Sat with a place that specializes in alignments for lowered and performance cars.

Thanks!
JC

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Jack up the front of car, put on jack strands, and spin the front wheels. Look for up and down runout, side to side wobble in the wheels, and what the tread pattern looks like spinning. If the wheel adapters aren't perfect, you could have problems in any area. If you have changed the total wheel offset (probable) any tiny issue will be magnified.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jack up the front of car, put on jack strands, and spin the front wheels. Look for up and down runout, side to side wobble in the wheels, and what the tread pattern looks like spinning. If the wheel adapters aren't perfect, you could have problems in any area. If you have changed the total wheel offset (probable) any tiny issue will be magnified.
Adapters should be perfect I think purchased the from veilside a company who they work with that specializes in time attack cars on two piece wheel spacer conversion everything is JDM. I did what you told me and no wobble thread pattern got me dizzy from staring at it for a while but besides that nothing. And yes did do a dramatic change. Only thing I haven't done is the alignment and that will be tomorrow. It is a appointment only alignment shop that specializes on performance cars and lowered vehicles.
Roadforce balance.
Roadforce balance? Don't know what that means but I did get the tires balanced before putting the on.
Hub centric rings
New rings checked!

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yes some of those changed affected suspension geometry. Alignment should follow...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.