MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my 01 spyder for 11 years. Bought it new. Best and most reliable car I have ever owned. I have often thought about performance modifications but did not want to affect the reliability of the car. Also I have heard that most mods result in minimal results. I have a TRD sport exhaust which I took off after a year because of the continous noise on long trips (which I no longer take). Have thought about putting it back on. Any thoughts? Should I just enjoy the car as is, or am I missing some big modification secrets? Thanks all for any suggestions or encouragement in any direction.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
As Oldman said, if you would like to mod the car, go with bracing, as it's the best bang for the buck. It'll make the feel of the car better and reduce squeaks when going over rough roads. Also, depending on mileage, and if you haven't replaced them before, you may want to look at getting new struts as well.

Since you didn't like the noise level of the TRD exhaust, I would recommend to stay stock with the performance mods, and just gut the pre-cats.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have owned my 01 spyder for 11 years. Bought it new. Best and most reliable car I have ever owned. I have often thought about performance modifications but did not want to affect the reliability of the car. Also I have heard that most mods result in minimal results. I have a TRD sport exhaust which I took off after a year because of the continous noise on long trips (which I no longer take). Have thought about putting it back on. Any thoughts? Should I just enjoy the car as is, or am I missing some big modification secrets? Thanks all for any suggestions or encouragement in any direction.
If you have the $$$ a 2ZZ swap completes the car IMO and is just as reliable as the 1ZZ as long as its done right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.