MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so, I've had my Spyder for a while and was looking into changing some things about it.
Its a late 2002 post facelift in silver.
As soon as I bought it, I removed the ugly body kit that came with the car and bought the prefacelift bumper and some pre-facelift headlights (don't ask how I got those working 馃ぃ)
I've been looking at wrapping the car gloss white but ran into some issues: there's still (VERY) hard to remove glue on the side areas under the doors and my front bumper is cracked on the one side and zip tied together (yes, it holds just fine).
Since I won't be able to wrap the front bumper or the areas under the doors I thought I'd stickerbomb them.
I can't find anything about the legality of this, can anyone help me out?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's all nice and dandy but hotcars.com isn't making the laws, I've found nothing on "decal plastering" on the Gov's website.

Registered
Might get better answers from the UK forum, or your local police station.

The quick google search is still undefeated though.

Registered
I've got to ask, how did you get the pre-facelift headlights to work on a face lift car? I've been wanting to do that to my 04 since I got it over ten years ago. I really don't like the facelift headlights.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got to ask, how did you get the pre-facelift headlights to work on a face lift car? I've been wanting to do that to my 04 since I got it over ten years ago. I really don't like the facelift headlights.
Headache, coffee and cigarettes, bit of a pain wiring them, don't remember exactly what I did for the headlights per se, a friend gave me a hand and we did the foglights and some other wiring at the front too all at the same time. You should be able to find some wiring diagrams that could help you.

Registered
Wait till you need to change a bulb. You麓ll h谩te them.

As to the OP question; ever weighed a pile like the amount of stickers you need? Paint largely evaporates, the stickers are v茅ry thick thus very heavy vinyl wrapping. Sticker bomb design vinyl would do no?!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait till you need to change a bulb. You麓ll h谩te them.

As to the OP question; ever weighed a pile like the amount of stickers you need? Paint largely evaporates, the stickers are v茅ry thick thus very heavy vinyl wrapping. Sticker bomb design vinyl would do no?!
Problem is that the front bumper is cracked and zip-tied and the sills have glue i've not been able to get off, so a wrap would look odd.

Registered

Registered
I'm kind of confused here... is there some place on earth where it's illegal to put stickers on your own car?
In most countries the colour of the car is in the vehicle registration docs. T茅chnically it is v茅ry! illegal to change it without having it changed with the department of transport and updated in the vehicle docs.
Thus a few, even more than a few, stickers is no issue but stickerbombing it would make it colour.... stickerbomb. Nice one on the docs. I麓d l贸ve it just for th谩t :cool:
Be careful though; homeland does not like the B-word ;)

Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
I've never heard of this possibly being against the law. In the US, car owners vinyl wrap their entire car a different color than noted on the registration and I have never heard of anyone having to note the change anywhere. Maybe it's a law somewhere but I've never heard of this where I'm located. Stickers ,vinyl, paint- I think you can do whatever you want. Sounds a little crazy you can't decorate it any way you want. I've seen some disastrous decorating against the natural law of order and common sense but nothing that was against the law (although it should have been), lol.

Registered
I've never heard of this possibly being against the law. In the US, car owners vinyl wrap their entire car a different color than noted on the registration and I have never heard of anyone having to note the change anywhere. Maybe it's a law somewhere but I've never heard of this where I'm located. Stickers ,vinyl, paint- I think you can do whatever you want. Sounds a little crazy you can't decorate it any way you want. I've seen some disastrous decorating against the natural law of order and common sense but nothing that was against the law (although it should have been), lol.
Ofcourse you are free to do so. You simply are requiered to update the data in the vehicle registration. Not rocket science is it.
Failing to do so is the issue, not the change of colour.

Now, you are mentioning d茅corating. That is something else. Do as you please within the framework of 贸ther laws. Again not rocket science what would be frowned upon, illegal even.
Not so obvious is that the use of reflective material on passenger cars is restricted, often prohibited.

Registered
Ofcourse you are free to do so. You simply are requiered to update the data in the vehicle registration. Not rocket science is it.
Failing to do so is the issue, not the change of colour.

Now, you are mentioning d茅corating. That is something else. Do as you please within the framework of 贸ther laws. Again not rocket science what would be frowned upon, illegal even.
Not so obvious is that the use of reflective material on passenger cars is restricted, often prohibited.
In the US the only information required for registration is the vin number. Car color is not noted anywhere.

Registered
In the US the only information required for registration is the vin number. Car color is not noted anywhere.
The color is listed on the title. There is no requirement to change it here in Oceania. He's referring to Eurasian laws which don't apply to us.

Registered
The OP is from the UK.

There as well as here in the EU it is v茅ry unlikely that the plod will object but he asks about the law, so I aswered :geek:

Registered
The OP is from the UK.
If you're referring to Airstrip One, then the laws affecting him may in fact be similar to ours. The UK as I'm sure you're well aware Comrade, lay divided since the outset of the War. Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia. Nevertheless, I was actually responding to anon, not the OP.

Registered
Beejeezus why the simplistic bellical angles on a c谩r forum ffs; do make l贸ve not war. S贸 much more fun I can assure you :love:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts