MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother was driving my car today and called me up and said that my car gears are very hard/sticky to shift into. He brought it back home I drove it and to my surprise it was very hard to shift in to any of my gears. So yeah I don't know what or why it's happening. Can someone help me out?

·
Registered
23,066 Posts
Three things come to mind;

1. Shifter cable on it's way out
2. Poor disengagement of the clutch.
3. Clutch springs coming apart due to harsh driving like clutch dumps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How cold is it?
when was the last time you changed your transaxil fluid?
is the shifter sloppy?
does the car shift "normal" when the car is not running?
did you look at the connections of the cables on the transmission?
The car is not shifting normal when it's not running. Still sticky And I replace my transmission last May. And it hasn't been that cold in Portland either.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Three things come to mind;

1. Shifter cable on it's way out
2. Poor disengagement of the clutch.
3. Clutch springs coming apart due to harsh driving like clutch dumps.
Maybe I need a new clutch? or could it be my gear box?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I'm going with dev on the cable if it's doing the same thing while off. Also maybe air in the clutch line.

·
Registered
23,066 Posts
The car is not shifting normal when it's not running. Still sticky And I replace my transmission last May. And it hasn't been that cold in Portland either.

It is very typical for one of the older cables to fail when removing a transmission. Reason being that the cable hangs in an awkward way and whatever damage has been done to the cable from age and ware will now be accelerated. Very common problem and the way to find out which one is to detach both cables from the rear and work the shiftier to see which one is the culprit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts