MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys i have apexi power pc commender in my 2001 mr2 with some other aftermarket parts. im going everything stock so my question is if i buy a stock ecu do i have to reprogram it or just plug in n play?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
It depends on your mods. If you simple have I/H/E or something of the like you will be fine on the stock ECU. But if you're boosted, larger injectors, larger throttle body, or high compression you'll have a pretty rough running motor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends on your mods. If you simple have I/H/E or something of the like you will be fine on the stock ECU. But if you're boosted, larger injectors, larger throttle body, or high compression you'll have a pretty rough running motor.
yes it was previously boosted. i took off the turbo , turbo manifold n put back the stock manifold but left the injectors. so if i leave the apexi ecu instead of putting the stock one is that fine?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Could be..

Nothing is an absolute..

Conversions back to Stock USUALLY have the ECU go back, so you get the 'Auto-Tune' of the O2 Sensor feedback.. and the Check engine lite to tell you when things are starting to go bad..

In your case.. need Stock Injectors.. so you MIGHT need to Splice the Proper Ends back on the Engine Harness..

Need to Source a STOCK air box.. Not always nessasary..

AND the ECU.. you will need to get the ECU 'Cleared' of it keys, so it will recognise your new key.. as the keys are chipped..

Cap

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be..

Nothing is an absolute..

Conversions back to Stock USUALLY have the ECU go back, so you get the 'Auto-Tune' of the O2 Sensor feedback.. and the Check engine lite to tell you when things are starting to go bad..

In your case.. need Stock Injectors.. so you MIGHT need to Splice the Proper Ends back on the Engine Harness..

Need to Source a STOCK air box.. Not always nessasary..

AND the ECU.. you will need to get the ECU 'Cleared' of it keys, so it will recognise your new key.. as the keys are chipped..

Cap

Do u know how to reset the ECU?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.