MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready for spring and just finished de-catting the car (finally), changing the oil & filter, plugs, air filter, brake & PS fluid, etc. New tires are on the way. I also tried to install some whiteline poly sway bar bushings. Unfortunately I didn't measure and simply ordered what everyone said I needed, which was 18MM for the rear (Whiteline part number KSK024-18) and 22mm for the front (Whiteline part number KSK062-22). Neither one fit! So I measured my sway bars and the rears are 15.3mm and the fronts are 20mm. Do I have aftermarket sway bars or do others have similar sized bars and the parts references are just wrong?

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are the sizes of the Whiteline sway bars- the stock are smaller.
Ahhh, thanks. I guess that makes sense - whiteline bushings for whiteline bars? Unfortunately that's the only part I can find. I'll have to google more...

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
The stock rear bar measures the 15.3 ....
I'd be interested in the 18 mm rear bushings , maybe trade . Did they come with the metal strap that holds them on ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Phattries - sorry I didn't notice your message earlier! Unfortunately I'd already returned both front & rear bushings that didn't fit. Neither came with the metal strap. I've since found the right superpro part numbers and they seem to be pretty easily available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts