MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a heads up as I'm trying to post every where. Thanks

STOLEN Hardtop STOLEN If you see a Black MR2 spyder hardtop it's stolen. Will have a Noticeable big paint imperfection on driver side and assuming will be sold with no mounting kit or latches on the hardtop in the inside... Please call the police and/or Notify me. Thanks

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
296 Posts
I feel like I just saw one of these black tops for sale in one of the other MR two Facebook groups. Not sure if it was MR two spider parts group or MR two owners club parts swap but I saw one that was identified as a viz. racing top in black that didn’t have the back glass

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel like I just saw one of these black tops for sale in one of the other MR two Facebook groups. Not sure if it was MR two spider parts group or MR two owners club parts swap but I saw one that was identified as a viz. racing top in black that didn’t have the back glass
I've been spamming the hell out of all social media and classifieds since I discovered it stolen so maybe? Unfortunately had to go to work and they blocked access to facebook so don't know the status of stuff there...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Broke the window then unscrewed all the hard mount screws. They were allen head bolts.
Damn man. I’m sorry. Someone knew what they were doing to take the time to do that and knew exactly the value of the part.

hope you at least had insurance to cover :(

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry to hear that bro. What part of San jose was it stolen from? Were u parked in the street, arpund What time? They stole my friends miata top recently 2 east of San jose. 😞 😤
That sucks for your friends, feel their pain. Yeah was on the street, late night to mid morning.

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same for my friend but it was right in front of his house. These guys are quick. Low lifes man 😔
They definitely are pros and are prepared. Although, could see them doing it in broad day light without any problems...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
It's things like this that make me reconsider if we should allow anti-theft systems that would truly deter crime.

Reactions: DeuceFatty

·
Registered
30 Posts
Man, I sure am sorry that happened to you.

Did you say you had rigid mounts for it?

I got Snelbaard’s rigid mounts a few weeks ago, but have only had time to install the fronts. I would’ve figured they’d make the top a lot more difficult to steal. . . Guess not.

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah had snelbaard's mounts. If it weren't experienced pros in targeting all convertible cars with hardtops then I'd assume yes? it might deter them alone since they're allen head bolts, but these guys were pros and came prepared. Knew exactly what they were doing. Hardtop thefts are common here unfortunately.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Son of a. Well, I completely stripped out, like, three of those bolts when installing mine, so hopefully that’ll add an additional layer of security if those D-bags ever make it out to Colorado. . .

1 - 20 of 53 Posts