MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thats a kick in the sack. I take it you didnt use wheel locking lug nuts and why didnt you park it in the garage. I will keep my eyes open for you.

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
That sucks. Is that Craigslist ad your wheels or is that the ad where you bought them?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thats a kick in the sack. I take it you didnt use wheel locking lug nuts and why didnt you park it in the garage. I will keep my eyes open for you.
You do realize locking lug nuts are very easy to get off without the key especially if you don't care to save it and just want it off.

OP sorry to hear about them being stolen I will keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
229 Posts
ur scaring me.... wa sucks...

will look outnfor sure... i just moved to bremerton... ahhh i hate people like that. a few months ago someone stole my volk gtu's. in my garage in san diego... makes me angry.....

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
.............something doesn't add up. That picture of your car without it's wheels...doesn't look at all like a Las Vegas neighborhood. Where were they stolen, and what does a Las Vegas craigslist ad (that's been deleted) have to do with it?

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
The car also has Washington tags on it. Whats up with that? Whats going on?

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
Alright, my Ro_Ja wheels were stolen

Fronts: 19x8 +35 Rears: 19x10 +22.

wrapped all in hankook ventus v12s.

what makes these wheels even more rare is the fact that they are 4x100. That combined with the size and offset is a red flag for anyone who happens to come across these wheels.

Haven't seen anyone else with these rims, this wide. I hope they turn up. If you feel inclined to re-post this or spread the word to others I'd appreciate the help, and I'm willing to offer a $150 dollar reward or a free HID kit from my own HID/LED company!

Thank you!

Any other info that you can add?

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
I don't care if the wheels really were stolen at this point...this thread is a lot more fun if we pretend this was an attempt at insurance fraud.

See....the rotors are covered in rust, so the car hasn't moved in some time. Lets say the car isn't running because of precat failure. He can't sell the wheels outright because of the crazy mismatched sizes and offsets, so...the guy manufactures wheel theft (with his own jack, to boot), tosses up a bogus craigslist ad in Vegas (with the oddly correct spelling format "Ro_Ja") and attempts to go after an insurance claim to free up some funds for repairs. But, unless he has declared the value of his wheels to his insurance company (and they have adjusted his premiums accordingly) they will not cover the theft unless they just want to be nice about it.

That reads much better than whatever reality is.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
My rotors look like that if it rains and I don't drive my car for 2 days. This was posted on facebook a week or so ago about the wheels being stolen, and had the first picture accompanying it.

With that said, the second pic doesn't look at all like Vegas. There are trees(evergreens at that) and grass in the yards. It seems fishy to me.

·
Registered
587 Posts
You do realize locking lug nuts are very easy to get off without the key especially if you don't care to save it and just want it off.
If I did do you think I would have made a post about it. I take it you have experience. Can you elaborate the methods?

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
An easy way is take a cheap socket and hammer it on the locking lug then use a breaker bar. If the lugs aren't sunken into the wheel, you can cut a slit and chisel them in half also.

Those are the two methods I've used, and never for illegal actions.

·
Registered
587 Posts
An easy way is take a cheap socket and hammer it on the locking lug then use a breaker bar. If the lugs aren't sunken into the wheel, you can cut a slit and chisel them in half also.
Would a criminal take a hammer, sockets and a chisel with him in an effort to be quiet while steeling your wheels. I'm no criminal nor am I familiar with their tactics but I would imagine a criminal wanting to be quiet and not attract any attention. I believe locking lug nuts serve a purpose to catch stupid criminals trying to break them lose and keep the smart ones away. Regardless he should of had it in his garage if he has one with a nice alarm and locking lug nuts.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Ha my ex prolly stole them tell the cops it was Natasha Whittington lol.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts