MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back from my first trackday. I had a blast. I was nervous as heck when I arrived at the track. The guys at extremespeed did a great job to relieve that uneasy feeling. Funny group of guys. :D I enjoyed all the seat time I got! 5 runs ~20 minutes each, I was shocked. We did streets counter clockwise. My best time was 1:37.341. I can't wait for the next trackday. I did get the track closed down for awhile because I spun off and kicked dirt and rocks all over the track, woops. :lol: 160k+ miles and she's still going strong. :wub:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your car looks amazing. Who took those photographs?
Where were you? I thought you were going to show up haha. I was keeping an eye out for another Spyder! Photos were takin by the Caliphotograph people. ;)

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Where were you? I thought you were going to show up haha. I was keeping an eye out for another Spyder! Photos were takin by the Caliphotograph people. ;)
Silversprint convinced me I ought to have some means of either cooling or monitoring my oil temps. I have neither, so I decided to wait until cooler temperatures or a recommended solution.

That said, I hope to have a cooling solution soon, so I imagine I will have no choice but to seize the next opportunity. The only thing that could stop me are my tires. They are nearly gone in the front, maybe not enough for a whole track day. I have some RS-3's on order, but there is apparently a waiting period for them. I have no idea how long I will be waiting.

What size tires are you running in the back? It looks really good.

Do to the Caliphotograph charge?
EDIT: Never mind. I see they do. Nice business model, they probably make a killing.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you let Sherman drive your car? Did you get a ride in his Exige?
I wanted to, but everytime I would go find him, he was already instructing someone else. Next time, I'll make sure to.

Silversprint convinced me I ought to have some means of either cooling or monitoring my oil temps. I have neither, so I decided to wait until cooler temperatures or a recommended solution.

That said, I hope to have a cooling solution soon, so I imagine I will have no choice but to seize the next opportunity. The only thing that could stop me are my tires. They are nearly gone in the front, maybe not enough for a whole track day. I have some RS-3's on order, but there is apparently a waiting period for them. I have no idea how long I will be waiting.

What size tires are you running in the back? It looks really good.

Do to the Caliphotograph charge?
EDIT: Never mind. I see they do. Nice business model, they probably make a killing.
Ah, I thought so, better be safe than sorry. It was cloudy most of the day yesterday with a little sprinkle here and there. It was too hot, so that was a nice surprise. :)

I'm running 225/45R15 rs-3s all around. 15x8 front and 15x9 rears. I bought my rs-3s from City Tires, John gets them pretty quick.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I wanted to, but everytime I would go find him, he was already instructing someone else. Next time, I'll make sure to.

Ah, I thought so, better be safe than sorry. It was cloudy most of the day yesterday with a little sprinkle here and there. It was too hot, so that was a nice surprise. :)

I'm running 225/45R15 rs-3s all around. 15x8 front and 15x9 rears. I bought my rs-3s from City Tires, John gets them pretty quick.
Thanks I'll give him a call today and see what he can do.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I'm itching to go back...:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
ohh ho ho.. nice to see more mr2s at the track. it was a little too hot for me that weekend, but i'll definitely start running more often in the fall/winter.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
I think we need to get an event together so we can all show up.

We could probably work something out with Chris at Extremespeed for a group discount.

Who wants to go? September 24th or 15th?

Kenny are you going to be around?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Those are some clean "action" shots you got there Davis, your camera man's got some focus-pulling skills.

Just wondering, did your bumper/lamps take any rock chip damage?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
did you have an instructor with you? you should come out again on sep 23-24 for their next event.
Yeah, I did have an instructor Kenny. He was a cool guy that gave me lots of pointers. :)
I think we need to get an event together so we can all show up.

We could probably work something out with Chris at Extremespeed for a group discount.

Who wants to go? September 24th or 15th?

Kenny are you going to be around?
I want to go! But I only have Sundays off, so it would have to be the 25th for me...but I'll see what I can do. Would love to meet all of you guys. Scot, I didn't care because my whole front end is full of rock chips from the previous owner. :lol:

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Ok we got one for sunday. I can do either day.

Anyone else?

BTW if anyone wants to run the ROVAL with speedventures next month, Aaron will give us $30 discount+ either free transponder rental or garage rental?

This is for any Toyota or Lexus.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts