MR2 SpyderChat banner

Streets of Willow

2K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  judge dredd 
#1 ·
Back from my first trackday. I had a blast. I was nervous as heck when I arrived at the track. The guys at extremespeed did a great job to relieve that uneasy feeling. Funny group of guys. :D I enjoyed all the seat time I got! 5 runs ~20 minutes each, I was shocked. We did streets counter clockwise. My best time was 1:37.341. I can't wait for the next trackday. I did get the track closed down for awhile because I spun off and kicked dirt and rocks all over the track, woops. :lol: 160k+ miles and she's still going strong. :wub:

See less See more
#4 ·
Where were you? I thought you were going to show up haha. I was keeping an eye out for another Spyder! Photos were takin by the Caliphotograph people. ;)

#7 ·
I wanted to, but everytime I would go find him, he was already instructing someone else. Next time, I'll make sure to.

Silversprint convinced me I ought to have some means of either cooling or monitoring my oil temps. I have neither, so I decided to wait until cooler temperatures or a recommended solution.

That said, I hope to have a cooling solution soon, so I imagine I will have no choice but to seize the next opportunity. The only thing that could stop me are my tires. They are nearly gone in the front, maybe not enough for a whole track day. I have some RS-3's on order, but there is apparently a waiting period for them. I have no idea how long I will be waiting.

What size tires are you running in the back? It looks really good.

Do to the Caliphotograph charge?
EDIT: Never mind. I see they do. Nice business model, they probably make a killing.
Ah, I thought so, better be safe than sorry. It was cloudy most of the day yesterday with a little sprinkle here and there. It was too hot, so that was a nice surprise. :)

I'm running 225/45R15 rs-3s all around. 15x8 front and 15x9 rears. I bought my rs-3s from City Tires, John gets them pretty quick.

#18 ·
Yeah, I did have an instructor Kenny. He was a cool guy that gave me lots of pointers. :)
I think we need to get an event together so we can all show up.

We could probably work something out with Chris at Extremespeed for a group discount.

Who wants to go? September 24th or 15th?

Kenny are you going to be around?
I want to go! But I only have Sundays off, so it would have to be the 25th for me...but I'll see what I can do. Would love to meet all of you guys. Scot, I didn't care because my whole front end is full of rock chips from the previous owner. :lol:

#14 ·
I think we need to get an event together so we can all show up.

We could probably work something out with Chris at Extremespeed for a group discount.

Who wants to go? September 24th or 15th?

Kenny are you going to be around?

#19 ·
Ok we got one for sunday. I can do either day.

Anyone else?

BTW if anyone wants to run the ROVAL with speedventures next month, Aaron will give us $30 discount+ either free transponder rental or garage rental?

This is for any Toyota or Lexus.

#20 ·
Ok we got one for sunday. I can do either day.

Anyone else?
You can count me in unless this falls before the 23 of September. I know I haven't been terribly reliable with showing up to events I want to go to, so I can make an advance deposit if required.

#22 ·
I love your car ;)

but really...blue paint, black front lip, single-diagonal hard dog; that's the most similar car to mine I've ever seen!

#24 ·
The Roval is earlier in september. If you want to run the Roval you have to register by September 10th. Not sure if a lot of MR2 guys will go.

I think we need to pick either SOW or Roval. You guys decide which one.

SOW regestration is probably cheaper by $50. I have to pay gas and hotel to drive up there the day before. With gas and hotel SOW costs me more but no big deal.

Also if we go to SOW I think that some MR2 guys from MR2oc are going too.

#29 ·
ACS is not as fun in slow cars because anyone with any amount of hp will pass you. It has a lot of straights. But if you want to know what your car feels like at 120-140mph then good track to run.

#30 ·
Cost depends on where you live and how long it takes to get to each track. If you can drive to the track the day before the event then you save some money.

Cost for me goes like this:

SOW:
$120+$10 gate fee+$40 Gas+$20 transponder=$190 if I add Hotel ($50)=$240

ROVAL:
$190+$10 gate fee+$20 gas -$30 discount= $190 you also get a free transponder rental. If you dont' want a transponder you get a free garage.

So cost is not really an issue unless you are an instructor or sponsor with extremespeed and drive for free.

#34 ·
Ok lets make it happen there is two different MR2 treads talking about this lets pick Sunday at SOW.

The extremespeed online registration says only the first 20 drivers get free timing and food.

It would have been nice if they fed all the drivers.

I think someone from the other board will see if we can a group discount.

#36 ·
Man, this makes me miss being at Edwards.

I just about drove past Willow springs on my way to work every morning. All I had to do was take a left instead of a right, and boom, there I was...

I am so jealous, since I never ran that track. I think I need orders back there :mellow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.