MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
You paid for only half of his air fare? Did you let him kick you in the nuts too? How will anyone know you won't get cold feet again?

If David (LR) built this car I know it is very well put together and tuned to perfection. This will make someone a very nice car.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He didn't fly down to Houston yet, He was able to cancel his ticket and pocketed the money I sent him. I've made up my mind that I don't give the car the attention it deserves. She deserves to be driven more often than 3 days a month. I am in a position at my company now where they expect me to take out clients for lunches and outings. Can't take CEO's of oil companys in my DD so I'm getting something new. I know once I get another car I will start to neglect the spyder and drive her even less.

You paid for only half of his air fare? Did you let him kick you in the nuts too? How will anyone know you won't get cold feet again?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If David (LR) built this car I know it is very well put together and tuned to perfection. This will make someone a very nice car.

He turned every bolt that involved an aftermarket part on this car.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm also not going to pull out of the sale again because I can't keep sending random people $300. BTW I offered to pay for the ticket. He didn't ask for it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forgot that I have TRD motor mounts. Obviously..... not all the mounts are TRD. The bridgemount I got from Littlerocket.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'll tell the new owner.
So is the number secret because it is so low or because it is so high?
I have to say that as a potential buyer, this seems odd that the function of the car is not something that you will reveal. I am glad to tell you you and share dyno plots of my dyno tuned car. Is there a reason that you will not share yours here?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am the potential buyer who had previously agreed to buy this car. I can't lie, the experience was frustrating at the time, but Goldenboy has handled everything great since then. He offered to allow me to still fly in and even take my wife and I out to dinner all on his dime, but I instead elected to take my chances on the airline credit, and since it wasn't guaranteed that I would use it on time, Goldenboy sent me half of the cost even though I got the full credit from the airline. I haven't used all of the credit yet, but I did use enough that I am already slightly ahead financially over never buying the tickets to pick up this car in the first place.

Also Goldenboy decided nearly a month ago to sell this car, but has refrained from posting it here because he was giving me a chance to try to get in a position to buy the car again, but unfortunately I have been unable to do so, and told him yesterday to go ahead and post it for sale, as I have added too many cars since then and haven't been able to move any of them, and I felt like he had been generous enough with his time. I am still trying to get in a position to buy this car, so it would have been in my best interest to stay silent, but I felt like I had to speak up and let everyone know that Goldenboy is great to work with.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So is the number secret because it is so low or because it is so high?
I have to say that as a potential buyer, this seems odd that the function of the car is not something that you will reveal. I am glad to tell you you and share dyno plots of my dyno tuned car. Is there a reason that you will not share yours here?
when we dyno'd it the numbers didn't seem right. they were actually reading higher than we expected. Since we used the numbers as a basic reference the number was arbitrary. The HP number was 264Hp, which is why I didn't post since I am pretty sure it's not making that much.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts