MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just recently joined and I'm pleased to have found this forum. Tried to find a member presentation thread but found none...

My antenna got stuck some time ago, motor is working but antenna is stuck 1/4th out and won't budge. I have really no idea how it works, i'm guessing there's a broken cable somewhere.
I tried to search the forum for a similar problem but only found antenna replacement threads with very few pictures. I do now know where it is located but I have no idea if I can do this alone with no car elevator and very poor (read extremely) "mechanical" knowledge and skills.

If anyone can help or point my in the right direction (a professional ?) I'm all hears :)

Cheers

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
If you want to replace the electric one with a short antenna that is incredibly stylish, I do sell those. [/end shameless plug]

If you want to try to repair it, you'll probably want to remove the antenna base from the car. You'll need to go through the right rear wheel well and you'll need an 8mm wrench IIRC. It might be a 10mm. I can provide instructions on how to remove the part if you want to try to repair it on your own. Or if you just want to replace the electric antenna with the same part, you can get that part at the dealership and swap it out. The instructions will help with that as well. There might be someone on this forum that has a spare electric antenna assembly lying around from when they made the switch to the LT Short Antenna (another plug ;) ).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi LordTakuban,

It would be lovely to have the instructions to see if there is any hope I can do it myself, I'll go see my usual mechanic with them if I don't think i'm up for the job !

·
Registered
528 Posts
I replaced my power antenna with the LT short antenna.

It was relatively easy to do (took about half an hour IIRC), and looks great.

And dealing with LT is always a pleasure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi!
Have just got my spyder and the antenna is shot and would like to replace with the small one.

Can you send details about your replacement and instructions please?

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Thanks for the instructions..... I guess it ok to ship the antennas to Australia?
Yep. I ship just about anywhere in the world. International shipping will not be cheap though. You'll see the total amount before having to enter any payment information on the website.

Speaking of the website, I'm going to be changing it up to something nicer and more future-proof. Everything still works now, but if something is odd, just email or PM me and I'll be able to help you out that way. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So will ordering the antenna shortly.... I'm not overly confident at taking all then trim etc of to get to the antenna on my self.... Don't suppose there's anyone around South Australia, Adelaide to give a hand....?

Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts