MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the praise! :)

Minor update: I've been busy with some other things recently so I haven't had a ton of time to work on this, but in the past couple days I've finished making all the necessary modifications to my printer to produce parts in Nylon, whose strength and heat resistance should approach if not match that of an injection molded part (albeit at a slower production time). It's my goal to run off the final product in either CoPA or PA6-GF30 material, depending on whether or not I determine that fiberglass reinforcement is necessary.

On another note, I've ordered a double DIN head unit which I plan on using in my application, and once I have a physical product to reference as opposed to the ISO standard I should be able to really dial in the tolerances and fitments of the unit. It should arrive in the next couple days and I will report back once I've done a trial fit. In the meantime, I'm going to test more with the Nylon filament and work on reducing the amount of hardware required to install the unit (right now I'm using screws to hold the face plate and mounting rails on, but I'd like to transition to plastic features to reduce the number of components).
Can't wait!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts