MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to New England Dragway tonight and ran a new best of 13.52 @ 105 mph with a 60ft of 2.125. The temperature was in the low sixties so power was plentiful but my driving was not

The goods news is that I beat my previous record of 13.77 @ 102.5 mph with a 60ft of 2.02 iirc. The differences between those two times is one missing passenger seat, a bigger turbo, 3" exhaust, a/w intercooler. And of course my professional tuning
Both times I've run have been at about 9.5 psi.

I also had the privilege to see a jet powered fire truck do a test run. It was quite amusing to the the crowd engulfed in diesel smoke...or whatever it uses. Definitely very scary when it took off.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
next time try the 'tire' mod and see a lot more shave off.

cool straight line driving... isnt that an oxymoron?

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
i sure hope that was on street tires. the one and only time i took it down the strip i hit a 13.5 on 5psi... i'm no fancy shoe driver either. :?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by turbo_jimbo
i sure hope that was on street tires. the one and only time i took it down the strip i hit a 13.5 on 5psi... i'm no fancy shoe driver either. :?
Well that's a magical 5psi unless you're revving higher than stock redline

Yes, I was running street tires @ 23 psi. I had a problem with bogging slightly while trying to launch. I needed to abuse the clutch more. I also avoided doing a burnout.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Turbo_Jimbo, I was thinking the same thing. There ain't nuthin kool about drivin' straight.[/b]
Driving in a "straight line" is the coolest thing ever. I would never do any other kind of motorsport that might require me to turn the wheel abruptly. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts