MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know how to mount the eaton S/C to the 1zz? I have not been able to find any S/C manifolds for the 1zz. Would the Greddy S/C kit for the scion xb work with my spyder? I am worried that the manifold is to small. The kit uses the m90 that some many other spyder owners have used, I just can't find what manifold they are using.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think you will see that you haven't found any S/C manifolds for the 1zz cause theres issues with the space on the intake manifold side of the engine. All the S/C setups i have seen use the centrifugal type S/C as it mounts nicely on the exhaust side of the engine and doesnt require some special intake manifold. Just some custom piping more like with a turbo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been searching and I have found spyders with the eaton m90 on them but no spacifics. I am not trolling I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it. If you have nothing helpful to say please don't reply to my posts. thank you ben88 for dignifying me with a respectible reesponce.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
You probably found one spyder with an m90, with a custom made manifold. The few TRD superchargers made to work with the spyder had the intake runners cut and modified to adjust the angle to fit in the spyder.

You will have to go completely custom and have someone fabricate this for you. I doubt you actually searched much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nocoolname you are right I have only found maybe three spyders with the m90, I just though it was a cool concept to have a root style S/C. I did see a post with a modified TRD S/C and I liked it. I'm not planning on keeping my storage bin so I was thinking that I could cut the fire wall and then build it around the m90. I have been searching for about 3 months before I posted anything. I guess that's not enough or I'm just looking in the wrong place. But that's why I came to spyderchat to try and figure it out and get some tips if some one on the forumes has attempted this before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're not gonna like it here.
Thats nice. I care what you think because? I have read some of your other posts and you have given people some helpful info. Then again you get some sort of satisfaction out of being a smartass to people who dont kiss your @$$. I know you know what you are doing for the most part and that you have a lot of knowledge to share. Yes I am a noob to the spyder, I have only owned my for a few months. How ever i have done all my own work on my 2000 celica and my Roush FordRanger. Telling me to stick to N/A becuase i dont know a lot about forcedinduction is not helping. I have found M90's in full working order for under $300. And a local performance shop that will flash and tune my ECU for $100 an hour. Two of my friends our master machanics so what i lack in know how they are going to show me. How can some one learn with out doing it. I was more or less looking for a parts list and insider tips. So if you dont know how to help or if you just dont want to post anyhting that is helpful please dont post anything at all. I hope that we can have more productive conversations in the future.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
Thats nice. I care what you think because? .....so if you dont know how to help or if you just dont want to post anyhting that is helpful please dont post anything at all. I hope that we can have more productive conversations in the future.
Seriously....how old are you? Crank down your post-teen angst. I'll say again.....if you're gonna run around and attempt to dictate to people who posts when, and how, and expect everyone to only have things to say that you want to hear...you're really not gonna like it here. This isn't "that" kind of board. We haven't even really gotten harsh with you yet.

Now....more searchy searchy, less angry anrgy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Seriously....how old are you? Crank down your post-teen angst. I'll say again.....if you're gonna run around and attempt to dictate to people who posts when, and how, and expect everyone to only have things to say that you want to hear...you're really not gonna like it here. This isn't "that" kind of board. We haven't even really gotten harsh with you yet.

Now....more searchy searchy, less angry anrgy.
Im not some post-teen kid and im not trying to dictate who posts what. I know people are going to post things that i am not going to like. its just that you seem to have a nack for posting things that are not necessary for anyhting but to provoke. im not looking to be confrontational with you, im just letting you know that its not necessary. if its not a board for fellow spyder owners to share and talk about their cars then what kind of board is it?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Don't worry most the post whores here are not the nicest people. Short answer not going to happen without lots of work. Can it be done yes, you will have to make custom intake, and maybe cut up the firewall a bit.

Why is there so little info? It's expensive and involves putting holes in the car. Most people don't want to go that far for their toy/daily. If done right is stupid expensive, requires lots of work, gains are small, and lastly snails outrun screws any day.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thats nice. I care what you think because?
You care enough to ask a question.

Look, we all know that the search feature is a pain and that a lot of the older links don't work any more. Ok, fair enough. Nobody really minds if you ask questions that have been asked before. We all do it.

But when you ask, you need to recognize that you are the one that needs this forum. Not the other way around. Humility will get you a long ways on here (and in life). There are some fantastic guys with tons of knowledge. Maybe Joe Schmoe isn't giving you the answers you want today. Would you burn that bridge when he might have an answer you need tomorrow? Or when one of his friends does? I would advise against making this forum a "me vs. you" place.

On a different note, I have no idea what parts would be involved. I have seen the TRD superchargers with the cut manifolds and the ones with the cut firewall. With the limited space and the lack of M90 equipped Spyders, I would assume there's no easy way to do what you want.

But hey, you know some guys, so this could be a great opportunity to pioneer the install, include pictures, and gain instant respect.

Personally, I wish you the best of luck and I genuinely hope your project goes well.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
.......... And a local performance shop that will flash and tune my ECU for $100 an hour.........
Now that's something I suspect that many of us here on Spyderchat (as well as NC.org)would want to know about. To the best of my recollection, it's not been done before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you guys for your help its a project that im looking foward to. I was afraid that it would be uncharted territory. That just means $$$ and stress. Driftingsw21, i had chuckle at your comment about the snails and screws. I know that a turbo will always boost more, but i just love that scream from the roots system and even power curve. although the turbo systems are very tempting. If I can get this project off the ground I will definitly be posting pictures. Jonathon you are exactly right the "me vs. you" thing i wanted to try and stay the farthest away from. And i was one of the main contributers. I know that Joe Schmoe has a lot of knowledge and i dont want him as an "enemy". Thank you guys for your help.

·
Registered
989 Posts
You have just entered something i don't think your ready for. Obviously, you are new here. I, myself am relatively new still. I recommend treading lightly. Watch what you say and be respectful. There are a lot of smart asses on here that will jump on anything the second they can, however many of these smart asses are the smartest and most helpful people on the forum... If you ask the right questions. If someone responds with a comment you don't like, the best thing to do is not respond to it and look as if it was never said. If you respond to it you will probably have a sh!t storm unleashed on you fueled by your own moronic responses and idiosyncrasies.

Anyways, go here :For Newb's: Turbos, 2zz, and now Supercharging
That thread should answer most questions

·
Registered
217 Posts
I found a link that might help you.

http://www.trial.co.jp/osaka/tuningspirit/tuningspirit_73.htm

Its from the trial website, chuck it throuh google translate, but the pictures tell you most of what you want to know, theres a fairly decent pic there showing how they designed the intake to make the roots charger work on the 1zz in an mr-s. No mention of modifying the firewall so im not sure on that one.

I think all in all, its going to be better to not fight what is clearly easier, and just get a centrifugal type supercharger. Plenty of MR-S in japan use the HKS GT supercharger, and trial chose to go this way also after their attempt at getting the blitz 1zz celica kit to work in the mr-s. Seems they got it working, but i have only seen them release the HKS GT kit for sale.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Your previous thread was about doing this on the cheap. Like has been said, it's not possible on your definition of cheap. If you had done any research, you would have come across andre's thread about getting screwed over when it came to even trying to reflash the ecu. If you had the slightest idea on what it would cost to even fabricate a manifold and redo the back firewall you would just pick up a turbo kit and be done.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
What benefits (if any) are there to having a supercharger vs a turbo? I guess I am lazy, but I like the turbo kit, it's fairly straight forward, and proven to be reliable with a good tune.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts