MR2 SpyderChat banner

61 - 80 of 148 Posts

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #66
I just want to say thanks to Erdoc48. Without his generosity this would never have happened.

No problem at all- I hope these can be made relatively quickly now with the full 10 orders. Thanks to all who ordered. Maybe there will be more interest in the future if we post pics of the finished product.

Registered
drumroll....... :bigcrowd:

we got 10!!!

production should commence soon. will update this thread with any updates and first production sample pictures

Registered
I want to get my original back soon so I want to see if SuperKlasse is going to make these (they have the original waiting to see if they鈥檙e going to produce it and match it to the original before releasing them).
What was the original made out of? Did you get yours carbon wrapped? These are going to look sexy.

Oh yeah, what's up with the shift knob in the photo with the silver trim? Is that a Toyota?

Registered
Just bumping this for updates from SK...any news on production?
Thanks!
We were suppose to post updates tomorrow morning but you beat us to it.

Last week before the holiday, we tested the first prototype unit in someones car and we did not get a 100% fitment. Fitment was a little off.

Basically, the bottom part is too thick and will not install all the way. We have to lessen the thickness by about 5-10mm to install correctly.

The tricky part is, we will need to re-scan the back side of the trim and fix the measurements. Once that has been accomplished, it will be scheduled back for CNC

Hoping the next run will be a perfect fit.

Registered
Discussion Starter #73
When you indicate thickness, I would assume you mean height, correct (as if it sits too high and not flush on the shifter surround plastic, leaving a gap underneath)? In terms of actual thickness of the aluminum, it鈥檚 probably only ~ 0.5 mm thick (I鈥檓 guessing). Anyway, do you have a pic of your prototype vs my original to see what it looks like and how it compares height wise?

Registered
Discussion Starter #74
It鈥檚 been 2 1/2 weeks since we got any news. Anything new to report? I think those who paid want to see the finished product.

Registered
Discussion Starter #75
I want to get my original back soon so I want to see if SuperKlasse is going to make these (they have the original waiting to see if they鈥檙e going to produce it and match it to the original before releasing them).
What was the original made out of? Did you get yours carbon wrapped? These are going to look sexy.

Oh yeah, what's up with the shift knob in the photo with the silver trim? Is that a Toyota?
Sorry for the way late response.
The shift knob in the pic was an OBX knob that came with the car when I bought the car new. The original trim ring from Toyota is aluminum and I had it hydro coated (water transfer printed). So that鈥檚 kind of a custom piece. To hydro coat that aluminum ring should be pretty cheap, maybe $40 or so, maybe less. I鈥檓 interested in seeing the anodized black new one as well as my original CF one and I guess I could switch off from time to time depending on how I want the interior to look. I hope we get some positive news soon.

Registered
It鈥檚 been 2 1/2 weeks since we got any news. Anything new to report? I think those who paid want to see the finished product.
I agree with Erdoc. We had 10 paid purchasers on May 16. We'll soon be hitting 2.5 months since what was supposed to kick off production. SK, let's get this done please.

Registered
I agree. I paid for my order in full - new shift knob, key ring and the shifter surround. Nothing but crickets. I am beginning to wonder if he is related to Serina. Communicate, get the project done or refund the purchase. Mine was well over $100 and have heard nothing. Please get this done.

Registered
I sent SK a few messages on here and on their website around the time the GB ended asking if I could get added on. Never heard back from them.

Hopefully they start replying to you guys sooner than later.

Registered
They seem established and invested in our platform, they have been quick to respond before so lets give them a few days.
If we don't hear from them then its time to contact them directly from their website if it hasn't been done already.
I suspect there might be some difficulty in reproducing these. If so no worries and refund and return of Erdoc's trim should be in order.

Registered
I didn鈥檛 get a notice today that my other items were shipped today. They were holding them to include with the shift surround. I agree with Dev, give them a few days to respond to the group and we can go from there.

61 - 80 of 148 Posts