MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read alot about people changing out their suspension bushings especially on older cars.
im wondering what is suspension bushings? where are they located on our car?
I looked at my suspension and the only "bushing?" i think i found were those holding the Sway Bar ?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
read some more and found two r us makes bushings for our car. good deal

·
Registered
587 Posts
I bought mine from twosrus and love them. It might be a good idea to invest in a BGB (big green book) this will give you the locations of all your bushings. Dev sells a cheap instalation kit for the DIY guys.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
You should also talk with Dev. He sells a tool to help you change out those bushings. Without that tool you will need access to a press, or so I hear.

I've been thinking about doing this, but I can't justify the cost and time of install for what amounts to a 'feel' mod.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
Don't forget that the tool comes with a DVD and I make it too easy.
The bushings are more then a feel mod as they do help in the handling department by resisting excessive and inconsistent camber and toe change. When your stock bushings get old you are really not aware of the problem but after the refresh it makes for one hell of a ride especially the front bushings.

Sadly TwosRus is running out of these bushings especially at a time when we need them most.

If I were you guys I would get the bushings ASAP before they are no longer available.
I am trying to find a source for at least the front bushings as I hear the XB guys had them made from Energy Suspension.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i looked at two r us website and they still have them on their page. Don't know if they still have them. i hope they do.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
At what sort of mileage figure do these replacement bushings start to show a noticable improvement?

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
At what sort of mileage figure do these replacement bushings start to show a noticable improvement?
I think a good guess would be as early as 80k -120k depending on the severity of the roads the car has been driven. For a car that has low miles I would think it's not as necessary. What I like about the Superpro is that they have done their research and made their bushings with the same characteristics of rubber.
Some of the Energy suspension bushings for other applications are too stiff and the urethane has been known to bind.

When I changed mine out I did the rear first and it felt a little better but about a week later when I did the front it made the most difference and the car gave me the new car ride with those familiar thumps.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
i looked at two r us website and they still have them on their page. Don't know if they still have them. i hope they do.
David mentioned on the other site that he was ordering five sets from Australia. He said something to the effect that they would be the last ones he was going to order because the company has been bought out by Tein and he would have some issues getting them in the future.

I don't know what any of this means but I hope Tein will carry them on their site and not discontinue them.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I just sold my last complete set as I'm out of front sway bar bushings. I have a couple of sets of the others - not on hand, but on the way.

SuperPro was not bought out, but they use Tein as their US distributor. Tein has been difficult to deal with from the beginning and they just announced that they would no longer stock SuperPro and would only order them on a pre-paid basis. Too much hassle for me on such a low volume product, which is a shame since I really like these bushings.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
I just sold my last complete set as I'm out of front sway bar bushings. I have a couple of sets of the others - not on hand, but on the way.

SuperPro was not bought out, but they use Tein as their US distributor. Tein has been difficult to deal with from the beginning and they just announced that they would no longer stock SuperPro and would only order them on a pre-paid basis. Too much hassle for me on such a low volume product, which is a shame since I really like these bushings.
David what if we set up a one time GB on these. I am sure there will be interest considering this is one of the most important things to do for an aged Spyder.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
I've been thinking about that - I may do buys in the future that people will have to pre-pay and wait for the bushings to come in. I really hate doing business that way, though.
I can help you set up a GB since most will probably purchase my tool.

It would be great to have a full set excluding the swaybar bushings if that was possible.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i will definitely buy a complete set if its available!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts