MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My mechanic just informed me that during replacement of the OEM struts for my 2000 Spyder he has problem in removing or tightening the endlinks due to corrosion. Now the new struts are on but the endlink on the passenger side is loss which causing clunking noise when running over bumps..
The Swaybar is from Che. Do I need to get the same endlinks from Che or can should I upgrade to the stronger endlinks ? Any suggestion in brand and model ?

Thanks ! :(

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Hi all,
My mechanic just informed me that during replacement of the OEM struts for my 2000 Spyder he has problem in removing or tightening the endlinks due to corrosion. Now the new struts are on but the endlink on the passenger side is loss which causing clunking noise when running over bumps..
The Swaybar is from Che. Do I need to get the same endlinks from Che or can should I upgrade to the stronger endlinks ? Any suggestion in brand and model ?

http://twosrus.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_50&products_id=449

These are awesome.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
So that's what's been causing that noise since I put new struts on! Thanks!

Hi all,

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, in the mean time, will it cause any damage to the car if I continue driving it ? My mechanic said, it shouldn't since it is just only the endlink is losen but still attached to it.. Now with the new koni yellow, I want to take it out for a spin.. but with the endlink issue, do I need to slow down a bit during turns ?

Sconifury, how long have you been hearing the clunking noise from your car ?

Thanks again..

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I put some used KYB struts on about 3 years ago, and I've been hearing it ever since. I don't take it easy on any turn if I can help it, and it doesn't seem to have gotten any worse. I'd consider replacing the end links, but I'm probably gonna be selling the car soon anyway. I'm afraid replacing them would also necessitate a new alignment, which isn't worth it to me at this point either.

So, in the mean time, will it cause any damage to the car if I continue driving it ? My mechanic said, it shouldn't since it is just only the endlink is losen but still attached to it.. Now with the new koni yellow, I want to take it out for a spin.. but with the endlink issue, do I need to slow down a bit during turns ?

Sconifury, how long have you been hearing the clunking noise from your car ?

Thanks again..

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't believe changing the endlinks will trigger the requirement of wheel alignments.. If you planning to sell the car, this is a cheap fix as making clunking noise to potential buyer will get them worry of other issues..

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yeah, that's fair, but that's only one of the issues it has. In the end, I may sell my '02 Accord instead. Decisions, decisions...

I need to stick my head under the '2 soon and see what you mean about the lack of need for a new alignment. I was probably thinking of the tie rod ends, not the sway bar end links.

I don't believe changing the endlinks will trigger the requirement of wheel alignments.. If you planning to sell the car, this is a cheap fix as making clunking noise to potential buyer will get them worry of other issues..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.