MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been talked about before but I did a search for the thread and couldn't find it Someones willing to take a crack at this once I take a picture of the keys and chip. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
It's one of the projects I have on the shelf. I actually have the switchblade key.

·
Registered
563 Posts
yeah but expensive if you have a chipped key :(

If they figure out how to build in the keyless remote I might think about it lol

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the attraction for switchblade keys?
Frankly, I'm baffled.
I would day its less bulky then carrying a key and the fob. I also like the fact that its another item I can slap a screamin chicken logo on and hide another cowboy hat.

·
Registered
362 Posts
hell ill be a testmule and order one...

I always like nice unique gadgets

money comes and goes.... just dont eat out for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
362 Posts
as I said, testmule.

My opinion is that its pretty good. Design is simple and sleek.
Would I recommend anyone to shell out $$$ for one....not really but if you have not that of a shallow pockets, go for it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Kfx123, have you had the key programmed by toyota yet? My biggest concern was shelling out the $$ and not being able to use it.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
Kfx123, have you had the key programmed by toyota yet? My biggest concern was shelling out the $$ and not being able to use it.

Why have Toyota do it. You can do it yourself for free.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You have to pay extra for the program toyota chip, but for my car I got it later to find out my alarm dominates the chip...meaning I can start the car with out the chip if its 'unlock' .

Odd.

·
Registered
642 Posts
it seems like a cool device, however, it doesn't seem like it integrates keyless entry in the package.

as cool as this is I don't think it does any good without being a remote as well.

also you can't have 2 chipped keys in the same package.

·
Registered
781 Posts
my neighbor came out when i was programming my key to do the double door unlock, and he thought i was crazy. when i first saw the how too thread i thought for sure it was a joke. its so analog. like up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b, select, start...:lol:
Did that get you extra lives or better weapons? Its amazing that the old 'Contra' code stays in your head...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts