MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a power fc that was programmed too work on the smt. I have a mt, is it still going to be plug and play? is it compatible?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
There aren't many of those Brashboy ecu's around. I can't think of many people who would know what's different about it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
As far as I know the Brashboy was a regular PFC with an in-line harness and additional coolant sensor. Just don't use the harness.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I'm wondering how the SMT-PFC was able to control idle speed.. as the SMT is a motor opperated T-Body, and the 'Real Spyders' have a Stepper Motor running the Idle Air Control valve. .. so the SMT-PFC was able to control the Speed Somehow..

Hey, sounds like a fun Gamble..

Cap

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I'm wondering how the SMT-PFC was able to control idle speed.. as the SMT is a motor opperated T-Body, and the 'Real Spyders' have a Stepper Motor running the Idle Air Control valve. .. so the SMT-PFC was able to control the Speed Somehow..

Hey, sounds like a fun Gamble..

Cap
If I remember right, idling is the issue with these ECU's that nobody seemed to be able to figure out.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I would just swap with someone that planning to put a turbo in their SMT, just seems like it would be easier for both parties.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts