MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Keep me on the list for Black Out Housing, Clear lens, Amber lens still in place.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
Doesn't Discount Toyota Parts sell them for less then that?
I don't see anywhere in his FS post that he states he's offering these at a lower price than anyone else, anywhere, or your money back. And who is offering custom housing painting? Cut a new vendor a break, would ya.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Didn't say he was. I was just pointing out that his price is slightly above dealership employee pricing where as the other location sold them for employee price. The price difference is only a matter of a few dollars either way. Also this was just for the OEM units and not the painted housings.

Since I asked I ended up finding some from a local wrecked Spyder in great condition.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't Discount Toyota Parts sell them for less then that?
Discount Toyota has them for $201.58

I had them for $209.00 x 2 = $418.00
but My set also comes with the clearance Socket $6.00 x 2 = $12.00

that is how I came to my $430.00 for my set.

I can take the sockets out of the price for those that do not need them..this is mostly for those that will be doing the facelift from the 00-02 lights.

* I also lowered my set price to $415.00 from the $430.00 first posted.

Will my posted prices be the cheapest...not always, but I can always try and work out something if it is within my power to do so.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also talked to my Body Shop Manager about the black out/paint option and gave him a quick guide on what the process is to do this.

* I know there was a vendor offering this option a while back but can't seem to find any threads on it, does anyone remember what the black out option ran with them?

trying to get the best price for this for you guys

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If your talking price wise on the Black out option it was either same price or a just bump up in price for labor and paint iirc.

Im still interested on outcome and will not be needing the sockets for face lift.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$80.00 black out / paint to match option now available (o.e.m paint used)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Rafa, would it be possible to ship you our existing headlights to be painted/restored? I'm not sure how much I trust myself with the oven method!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Rafa, would it be possible to ship you our existing headlights to be painted/restored? I'm not sure how much I trust myself with the oven method!
+1. I can drop mine off (I don't have an oven). I can restore the lenses myself.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just talked to my Body Shop Manager.

We can take your own Headlights and do the painting option for you.

* Just keep in mind that once we receive them, we will have have to inspect them to make sure that they can handle the process "visible cracks on tabs and anything that looks like it may break once being opened or during the process of being opened" will be taking under consideration and we will inform the customer at that point if they wish to continue with the option.

As no warranty can be given on used parts.

·
Registered
731 Posts
PM sent. Thanks, Rafa.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Amazing how quickly problems come up, Im going to back out...

Will these be available later on?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Early Christmas again!!! Finally

so what will be the total for a set with factory color of 1D0 and also can I pick it up to save $$

1 - 20 of 60 Posts