MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
My TM has gotten better since my install, I love it. I have the steel dualies, and boy do they growl nicely.
I don't even notice them rollin down I-20 at 75. Wide open boy, there is no BS, they will hollar at ya!
My wife even likes that sound, which is great!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (broudie @ Nov 8 2007, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zygotesoup @ Nov 8 2007, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (broudie @ Nov 8 2007, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevlArmz @ Nov 8 2007, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (broudie @ Nov 8 2007, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I'm thinking of adding a Che header to this. Will it be unbearably loud? Are there even performance improvements over a gutted manifold?[/b]
itll get a little louder b/c theres no precats there to muffle the sound, but it will sound nicer...also your team moon will sound a little deeper once you wear her in
[/b][/quote]
So no performance benefits? Pass.
[/b][/quote]
you have a cai??? id say that should be your next step
[/b][/quote]
I have an AEM lying around somewhere. For some reason I have some ambivalence in installing it. I've heard that the benefits (aside from sound) are roughly equal to a good sports air filter.
[/b][/quote]

I'll buy it off you and send you my K&N drop in filter... seriously.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (broudie @ Nov 8 2007, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have an AEM lying around somewhere. For some reason I have some ambivalence in installing it. I've heard that the benefits (aside from sound) are roughly equal to a good sports air filter.[/b]
Why would this equate to ambivalence though? Your TM is roughly the same gig, very little added power, lots of added sound. Seems like after your success with that, you'd be hopeful for the same gain from a CAI.

..and you would be satisfied. It's a much easier install than the TM's, and the sound is great. Better yet, it's never obnoxious.

I would also like to remind you that you're 1zz N/A modding here. Power is not, or should not, be your main goal. We're trying to make the drive more enjoyable, however many extra ponies that might include.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
My car came with team moon duals with quad tips and an AEM intake, I HIGHLY recommend the setup it sounds soo amazing.

-Spargo

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Spargo @ Nov 8 2007, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My car came with team moon duals with quad tips and an AEM intake, I HIGHLY recommend the setup it sounds soo amazing.

-Spargo[/b]

My next purchase willl be the aem intake... TM duals sound amazing alone

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I'm gunna gut the precats this summer as well hopefully get even more grumble but I don't want it too too crazy. I'll shoot the whole thing though.

-Spargo

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
A little helpful hints for removing the exhaust hangers: lube with PB Blaster then use slip-joint adjustable pliers
by placing one end on the hanger and one on the rubber connector. Squeeze the pliers and off the rubber connector goes with ease!

·
Registered
122 Posts
im getting dual aluminum TM exhaust soon and im crazy excited to put this baby on.

It seems like everyone puts the tm on and then the CAI however for me
i already have the CAI and putting on the TM so i wonder if i might get a different reaction out of these exhaust compare to the TM first and CAI second people

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bean'sShadow @ Sep 22 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I found that regular dish soap, in copious amounts, worked wonders for separating the hangers from the rubber.[/b]
WD 40 and a sturdy flat head screwdriver works fine also

·
Registered
21,830 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deception @ Nov 17 2008, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bean'sShadow @ Sep 22 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found that regular dish soap, in copious amounts, worked wonders for separating the hangers from the rubber.[/b]
[/b][/quote]
That's what I did.

·
Registered
462 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darkday @ Nov 17 2008, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deception @ Nov 17 2008, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bean'sShadow @ Sep 22 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
That's what I did.
[/b][/quote]
Brute force (pulling) and my face to stop the cat worked well too :p

21 - 32 of 32 Posts